489 visa

bagger71

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz
Hi

im just concerned about actually getting a job as we originally planned to go on a 189. Just as long as I work I'm not bothered which sector it is in. All goes towards PR

How comes you're looking at the 489 visa as supposed to your original plan of going for the 189? The reason your occupation is on the skills shortage list is because the Australian government are aware that there is demand for your trade. The guy that did the electric work for one of my dads properties used us to process his application, sparky's have been going out there for years now. Nobody can guarantee you work out there until you go out and get stuck in yourself.

You mentioned that you recently obtained a HGV license (congrats); have you still been working in your respected trade?

Edited by lebourvellec
Forum rules

Hi Ryan

Ive not been working as a sparky for the past 5 years as I didn't want to work away from home while I had a small child. I'm moving back to electrical maintenance during this month so will have over 5 years experience over 10 years. I'm 42 now and my points are low because of my age. We've worked it out and we only get 50 points so need the extra 10 from the 489 visa.

Do you work for a MARA? If so what are the fees like?

cheers john

Hi Ryan

Ive not been working as a sparky for the past 5 years as I didn't want to work away from home while I had a small child. I'm moving back to electrical maintenance during this month so will have over 5 years experience over 10 years. I'm 42 now and my points are low because of my age. We've worked it out and we only get 50 points so need the extra 10 from the 489 visa.

cheers john

Right I see; ok fair enough. Any idea in terms of where abouts in Australia you would like to go? Yes we have a MARA agent but I'm not allowed to discuss the details of our company on the thread as it goes against the terms & conditions of use (I've already had 1 or 2 messages about what we can and can't say) so I will reply privately.

Hi Ryan

cheers john

When using a RMA, I would advise to use an MARA that will process all your application - not one who uses a consultant. You have no come back when they mess up your application.

Agents that have been recommended by other PIOmembers - Go Matilda, visa bureau, overseas emigration/Ian Harrop.

When using a RMA, I would advise to use an MARA that will process all your application - not one who uses a consultant. You have no come back when they mess up your application.

Agents that have been recommended by other PIOmembers - Go Matilda, visa bureau, overseas emigration/Ian Harrop.

I sent that last message via the thread as I'm sure you will appreciate your last message sort of suggested that consultants process the applications here; which they don't. Lol we all have different roles in this business and responding to general enquiries isn't for our case managers to do...we feel.

Getting our son and his family out here at last on the 489. Have patiently waited for him to gain enough work experience to qualify and get enough points! He is a carpenter builder.

we came out on 457 then went to a 189 PR. Getting through the process is all about taking it one step at a time. Immigration are pretty helpful over the phone (albeit after a long wait on hold!). Let me know how you go with regards to the timeline of your process, we are still at the stage of getting all docs in order and about to get skills assessment organised. Our postcode is 4301 so we were able to sponsor them. Good luck!