Hi all

Lise N Chris

Thing changed about 3 times during my process lol. The cost for my skills assessment went up. Then the cost of main applicant went up. Then they changed the visa so that everyone has to pay, not just the main applicant. However, the points I needed dropped from 65 to 60 which meant I didn't have to wait to gain a bit more experience so it wasn't all bad.

Good luck with saving. It was aldi beans all the way for us ha ha.

Debs

They were my most expensive quote :P But they have some really good reviews!

It will be a busy year for you. Some points it will be go go go, others you will be sick of waiting! Just finished a 10 week wait on my skills assessment. Bit at a time with patience :)

Very best of luck to you both!

Thanks Vanduex good luck to you too. I'm a Paramedic Pomqueen I've emailed St Johns in Darwin and they said to get in touch when we know more on the visa front. And lise is an adult teacher, We've been advised to go on a state sponsored visa with myself being the main applicant.

OMG I think we have a very busy year ahead of us but we both prepared for it. We are using the emigration group so god knows how much thats going to cost lol. Where are you or are you planning to go ?

My son and I are heading to Perth. Got our visa. Have to validate by nov. I need to go by sept prefably as I have my AHPRA (nurse) registration to validate by then or start the process again. Got the house on the market and just waiting for that really. Then were off!!!

Debs

They were my most expensive quote :P But they have some really good reviews!

It will be a busy year for you. Some points it will be go go go, others you will be sick of waiting! Just finished a 10 week wait on my skills assessment. Bit at a time with patience :)

Very best of luck to you both!

I waited 16 weeks for my skills assessment. Longest wait of my life!!

but after that everything just went so fast. Couldn't believe how quick it was. You'll be shocked. All of a sudden everything starts dropping into place.

Good luck with your application.

Debs

hello , welcome , good luck .. 18 mths goes fast ! we are still waiting for few assessments . if you havent done so already ... keep quiet about the big move ! , i wish i had .. 12 months ago told family , friends and you get constantly asked why your not over there yet , sometimes people think you can just sort it out within a week and cant quite get to grips with all the jumping through hoops you have to do and how long assessments can take!

I waited 16 weeks for my skills assessment. Longest wait of my life!!

but after that everything just went so fast. Couldn't believe how quick it was. You'll be shocked. All of a sudden everything starts dropping into place.

Good luck with your application.

Debs

im only 6 weeks in with that debs, hey ho only another 10 to go with that!then its ielts again! need 8 s , got to book it , things do seem to have suddenly gone quickly for you ! good luck x

Thanks Vanduex good luck to you too. I'm a Paramedic Pomqueen I've emailed St Johns in Darwin and they said to get in touch when we know more on the visa front. And lise is an adult teacher, We've been advised to go on a state sponsored visa with myself being the main applicant.

Good luck. My hubby is a tech and WA (the only one recruiting techs) have changed to paras only in the last year or so. :-(

Hopefully you won't have any problems getting in though and we know many paras and family's who have gone over (a few different states) and not come back! :-)

im only 6 weeks in with that debs, hey ho only another 10 to go with that!then its ielts again! need 8 s , got to book it , things do seem to have suddenly gone quickly for you ! good luck x

You only have to do the general IELTS for points. It's quite a bit easier IMO. Good luck.

Debs

hello , welcome , good luck .. 18 mths goes fast ! we are still waiting for few assessments . if you havent done so already ... keep quiet about the big move ! , i wish i had .. 12 months ago told family , friends and you get constantly asked why your not over there yet , sometimes people think you can just sort it out within a week and cant quite get to grips with all the jumping through hoops you have to do and how long assessments can take!

Once in work I made the mistake of moaning about not having a holiday for the past 12 months. Only to be bombarded with 'your moving to a hot country, what do you need a holiday for'. Eeerrrrmmmmm. I will be working FULL TIME in this hot country. I'll still have to help my son wipe his bum. Still have to supermarket shop. Still have to Hoover and launder and all the rest of the never ending chores I have to do.

Also, I was having a bit of a hot flush the other day (the ones that ladies of a certain age get) only to be asked 'how are you gonna hack it when you have hot flushes in a hot country. I just looked at her and said 'air con darling'.

so, can't mention holidays, weather, if I'm too hot. And don't even get me started on insects!!!

Debs

Hiya Toodolou oops already told everbody mistake number 1 lol. Not to worry though most people don't believe we're actually going to go.

ooops ! mine didnt either until we sold our lovely house in a desirable area , to rent cheap in a non desirable area! and once we started paying out for things- its slowly sinking in to them , but because things take a while to sort ... people also think youve changed your mind!

Once in work I made the mistake of moaning about not having a holiday for the past 12 months. Only to be bombarded with 'your moving to a hot country, what do you need a holiday for'. Eeerrrrmmmmm. I will be working FULL TIME in this hot country. I'll still have to help my son wipe his bum. Still have to supermarket shop. Still have to Hoover and launder and all the rest of the never ending chores I have to do.

Also, I was having a bit of a hot flush the other day (the ones that ladies of a certain age get) only to be asked 'how are you gonna hack it when you have hot flushes in a hot country. I just looked at her and said 'air con darling'.

so, can't mention holidays, weather, if I'm too hot. And don't even get me started on insects!!!

Debs

i get that alot too everything related to oz in one way or another ... my son got bought some joke dried edible grubs from my cousin ... we were told its to get used to the oz diet out there , hmmmm? we were there 5 weeks last feb and didnt see one supermarket selling those, yes i think people think youll just be laying on a beach somewhere not doing alot!! some friends keep saying they will be coming out to visit me for weeks on end ....... that would be nice , but i will be working unless its my day / wkend off !!! i m not retiring ! , i get 7 weeks off annual leave nhs ... i think oz its alot less for nurses there , so im wondering how i will find time for visitors!!

You only have to do the general IELTS for points. It's quite a bit easier IMO. Good luck.

Debs

yes im hoping so , but it was the reading i lost points on which is the same i think ... i find it quite hard to tell if somethings given / not given ... dont know why , im a bit of a deep thinker sometimes

Archived