Feeling the Pressure and I do not live in UK

Petals

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK. If you want this to go on and on.

.......you are correct: I meant 'feeling' differently OK?

........trash tabloid or quality article..........?

..........I'm sure it can,-and I will continue to disagree with sweeping generalisations....

........the content is in question IMO.....

.........it does indeed!!!......

And NO I am not ridiculing your style of posting. I find it difficult to understand sometimes, so set it out in the same way to answer it.

Over to you.

Have you bothered asking why tink posts like this?

Of course kids are innocent,agreed,i honestly dont know why poorer white kids seem to perform worse than minority poor kids,i haven't gone into it in detail,seems strange to me tbh,do you think ethnic minority kids get more help from the education system,or their parents,or both?

Schools do their best with what resources they have. It is all fair on who gets the support on offer from our budget.

We have a boys group to try to get them engaged again, it is aimed at disengaged kids, no matter what their background.

The parents drive their kids. They have the first 6 years to instil their values (whether positive or negative) as well as 18 hours per day and holidays considering their kids are only at school for 6 hours on approx 190 days of the year .......

However we run a koori program which is externally funded, so these kids DO get more resources than everyone else. But when you see the figures, very few manage to make it to university, these programs try to get more to succeed in a modern world.

Schools do their best with what resources they have. It is all fair on who gets the support on offer from our budget.

We have a boys group to try to get them engaged again, it is aimed at disengaged kids, no matter what their background.

The parents drive their kids. They have the first 6 years to instil their values (whether positive or negative) as well as 18 hours per day and holidays considering their kids are only at school for 6 hours on approx 190 days of the year .......

However we run a koori program which is externally funded, so these kids DO get more resources than everyone else. But when you see the figures, very few manage to make it to university, these programs try to get more to succeed in a modern world.

In your opinion is too much emphasis place on getting kids into university? Wouldn't a lot more children be more suited to vocational training. I know quite a few dimwits with degrees and not much of a clue about how to get on in life.

In your opinion is too much emphasis place on getting kids into university? Wouldn't a lot more children be more suited to vocational training. I know quite a few dimwits with degrees and not much of a clue about how to get on in life.

Of 100 year 11's next year we have about 35 doing VCAL, we do our best to advice the kids on their career options all the way from the end of year 8 when they have their first opportunity to choose future courses.

Therefore nearly 35% of our kids are going a vocational route, when our VET training establishment is finally built, they will be able to develop trade skills in an environment close to the school to try and encourage continuity and finalisation of their courses.

Generally we find that we have a huge drop out rate with our VCAL kids, some will go into an apprenticeship, others into TAFE courses but quite a few couldn't be bothered and end up being constantly absent and sitting at home on their arse.

So to answer your question, I don't think too much emphasis is being placed on university placement, we try to channel (hate that word) students into what will be best for their current interests, future employment and eventual career.

The way of Australia is that if you don't have paperwork of education and training, you will find it hard to get employment. That is why we push for kids to finish VCE or VCAL. Whether that leads to university or not is a moot point. Without some sort of certification these kids will fall far too quickly into the welfare pit.

Too many of our kids think society owes then a job that will give perfect working conditions, few hours and a massive paycheque. We try to prove otherwise, but teenagers know everything about everything, don't they?

Of course kids are innocent,agreed,i honestly dont know why poorer white kids seem to perform worse than minority poor kids,i haven't gone into it in detail,seems strange to me tbh,do you think ethnic minority kids get more help from the education system,or their parents,or both?

I believe the focus of the parents of these children is to make a success of life. I think it is instilled in the youngsters from the getgo.

Agree.

I also find it strange that the previously oppressed feel it is now their responsibility to oppress those who in the largest majority have ruled out the oppression. It seems it is their intent to make this kinder, more caring and self aware generation pay for the sins of their ignorant white forefathers.

Ironic that innit.....

I understand that at the end of WW11 many Jews slaughtered as many Germans as they could. Ironic that innit....

However, the need to oppress has continued for decades with Israel, it's just that the Palestinians now cop it,-and they fight back-and...I wonder who was responsible for that little mess?

Indigenous Australians are such oppressive little buggers, aren't they? Ironic that innit....

Maggie is dead and buried... move on!

Has anyone checked?

The thing with Maggie is that she stood for what she believed.

At all cost.

And she was still a dropkick!

Unkind! (That is the ruination of a perfectly good boot).

Have you bothered asking why tink posts like this?

Have you bothered to realise how many on every discussion forum everywhere, simply post/ respond to the topic and the opinion expressed and do not concern themselves with the analysis of the posting style?

I have no intention of questioning any poster on how they post; that is their business. No one should be questioned and have to justify how they post!

..........Tink and I had an exchange, it ended. I credit every poster here 'friend' or 'foe', to be able to handle posting disagreements without needing counselling!

If you want to take a shot, take it directly, and don't use another poster to do it. Tink I doubt very much has gone into seclusion!

(And I am not comfortable discussing another poster like this, it's unnecessary).

Have you bothered to realise how many on every discussion forum everywhere, simply post/ respond to the topic and the opinion expressed and do not concern themselves with the analysis of the posting style?

I have no intention of questioning any poster on how they post; that is their business. No one should be questioned and have to justify how they post!

..........Tink and I had an exchange, it ended. I credit every poster here 'friend' or 'foe', to be able to handle posting disagreements without needing counselling!

If you want to take a shot, take it directly, and don't use another poster to do it. Tink I doubt very much has gone into seclusion!

(And I am not comfortable discussing another poster like this, it's unnecessary).

You claim not to analyse how others post, however your provocation with the ........... Is intended to do just that.

You also claimed that you were not doing it back as a windup.

You need to get over yourself.

You claim not to analyse how others post, however your provocation with the ........... Is intended to do just that.

You also claimed that you were not doing it back as a windup.

You need to get over yourself.

I don't 'claim' anything!

'my 'provocation' with the..........(!!!!) is intended to do just that'. ??

Any chance you can add the 'in my opinion' thing? It's a teensy bit irksome when someone purports to tell me what I'm thinking!

'You also claimed you were not doing it as a windup'??? Er, yeeessss...?

What do you plan to add now?: "I rest my case" !!

Don't 'e fret my luvly, we'll all survive this terrible trauma.

I don't 'claim' anything!

'my 'provocation' with the..........(!!!!) is intended to do just that'. ??

Any chance you can add the 'in my opinion' thing? It's a teensy bit irksome when someone purports to tell me what I'm thinking!

'You also claimed you were not doing it as a windup'??? Er, yeeessss...?

What do you plan to add now?: "I rest my case" !!

Don't 'e fret my luvly, we'll all survive this terrible trauma.

You really need to get over yourself

Guest Guest16631

.........cripes.......just logged on after a s**** day.....

.........glass of wine ready for some friendly chat and.......wow....

.........first thank you dmjg...:hug:.....and those who know why he posted what he did.

........I guess over time PIO becomes like a family.........and we look out for each other....

........that's what keeps me on here.....

........and I'm blessed to call so many friends....

........the dots.....!

.......and lines of words..........help me.....

........my eyesight is failing.......I use an ipad ,thank god for its auto correct...

.........and I can stretch posts that are quite long.....

.........if there too long I retire from the thread......

..........tires my eyes too much........

..........I've been a square peg most of my life tbh.....

..........and only recently become more comfortable with who I an......

..........so sorry for going off topic OP..........but hope this helps..........tink x

.........first thank you dmjg...:hug:.....and those who know why he posted what he did.

........I guess over time PIO becomes like a family.........and we look out for each other....

........the dots.....!

........my eyesight is failing.......I use an ipad ,thank god for its auto correct...

..........so sorry for going off topic OP..........but hope this helps..........tink x

You carry on posting in whatever style you want,the content is what matters,and you do very well on that score

........the dots.....!

This is why I will not ask about posting style. There is a reason for everything.

Thank-you for clarifying Tink.

Guest Guest16631
Perhaps you could stretch not asking about posting styles to not commenting on them either.

........:hug:........freckle.........

........you've made my eyes water you lot......

........sniff...........must be he dust.................:hug:tink x

Archived