ImmiAccount / eVisa - status of application

Jasky

Hi all

Firstly thanks to all for the invaluable advice on this forum - I referred to it on a daily basis when preparing my application for a 189 visa, which I submitted on 16 December.

I wanted to clarify how the ImmiAccount system works (specifically the way that submitted applications are displayed) as I think my application would have been one of the first to be submitted under this. After submitting the application, I uploaded all the documents I think will be needed. However, next to each 'type of evidence' on the application screen, there is still a status of 'required'. I'm assuming this is just the way the system displays the status before a CO is allocated as I can also see (in a separate list) each file I have uploaded.

Also, the overall status of the application is still 'in progress' rather than 'submitted' or 'being processed' or anything like that... if someone could confirm that this is normal I'd be grateful, as I'm developing an unhealthy obsession of checking it every 5 minutes to see if anything has changed!

Cheers

I have just submitted my 189 application and created Immi account.

Before uploading the attachments, there were "Required" and "Recommended" next to each type of evidence. After uploading the attachments, all changed to "Required", which confirms what you are referring to.

I have also submitted "My health declaration" before the application and did our medicals in advance so we can upload the medicals as well.

As a result, in the Immi account I have two separate files: the visa application with status "In progress" and the health declaration with status "Submitted". I presume that it is normal for the visa application to be "In progress", may be until visa is granted

Hi Diana

Have you found that doing the medicals in advance has given you any peace of mind (one less thing to take care of kinda thing)?

My EOI is a LONG way off, let alone Visa App BUT I read a couple of days ago that you can do you medicals in advance, although I haven't checked it out 100% yet xx

Yes, definitely.

We have done it on 19 Dec and meanwhile we have arranged our police certificates. When we submitted the health declaration, we got a letter stating that we need X-Ray, blood work and urine sample. On the day we completed the medicals, the doctor told us that they are all normal and they were submitted the next day to DIBP. I have attached the letters to the application and currently we are waiting for the police certificate from Canada as it takes at least 3 weeks to get it.

I am not concerned about the one year from the date of the medicals/police clearance condition as we will most probably go on a validation trip first anyways.

Adam - thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.

Diana, I also did the medicals in advance but do not have two separate ImmiAccount files. I have uploaded the referral letter showing all the checks as cleared and the note that the results have been submitted to DIBP. Am I supposed to be able to link this to the application some other way?

Jasky, I remember that I linked my health declaration TRN Number to my Immi account through the "Import Appllication" function as I created the Immi account after I had submitted My health declaration.

I also uploaded the Referral Letter first but then I noticed that after the medical clinic uploaded it on DIBP system, the letter actually changed and it had our digital picture, the required exams were marked as completed and the following instruction :

Your eMedical case has been submitted to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). This letter outlines

the immigration health examinations that you have completed.

If you are required to complete further health examinations, you will be notified by DIBP once a Medical Officer has considered

your case.

For further information on DIBP's health assessment process, please see our website at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/

health-requirements/assessment-health-exam-results.htm

Note:

• Any further queries about your visa application and/or your health examination results should be directed to

your visa officer. Staff at a panel clinic will not be able to help you with these queries.

• If you have not yet lodged a visa application, you must provide the health identifier on the top of this letter (i.e.

HAP ID) to DIBP. It is recommended that you also submit this letter together with your application form when it is

lodged. Please make sure that you attach this letter to your visa application before submitting the form to DIBP. This will

facilitate processing of your visa application.

I guess, you have received the same letter. Have you heard back from them or has something changed on your visa application in regards to your health examination?

Sounds like we're in the same boat - I originally uploaded my referral letter but then saw that it had changed with the same info you quoted above when I looked in 'my health declarations' - so I uploaded the new letter as well. I gave my HAP ID when I submitted the application so hopefully it's linked - I haven't ever seen a 'organise health checks' link that other people have been referring to. I probably don't see two separate links in ImmiAccount like you as I applied after ImmiAccount was already set up.

Good luck, interested to see if you have any developments!

Hi,

I wouldn't worry about the status changes on you application, we submited ours in September there was no change until November in the status, then status's changed weekly on some docs, and almost daily on the medicals, my stress levels want through the roof!!

as long as everything has been submited , I wouldn't worry about it, if a case officer needs anything they will e-mail you.

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing all of your status. I have lodged my visa application on 16th December and waiting for CO to be allocated. I haven't go for medical check up and police clearance and waiting for CO advise. The reason I cannot get police clearance now is Singapore Police required evidence that DIBP have requested for it. Without this evidence, I could not apply for a clearance Cert.

Keep posting here.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I applied (paid) for the 100/309 visa on the ImmiAccount, but I've hit a bit of a wall...

This may seem like a very stupid question, but can all documents be uploaded - i.e the certified ones? There's also a 'required' marker next to a passport photo, and it says that you need to write the name of the preson on the back and date it....so that surely means that has to be posted?

Sorry, just a bit confused about it all, and I can't find anything on the website to explain!

Many thanks in advance

For the photo I just upload a digital photo for me and each of my boys.

I dont think you need to send by post. But others may give further insight.

Hi guys,

I applied (paid) for the 100/309 visa on the ImmiAccount, but I've hit a bit of a wall...

This may seem like a very stupid question, but can all documents be uploaded - i.e the certified ones? There's also a 'required' marker next to a passport photo, and it says that you need to write the name of the preson on the back and date it....so that surely means that has to be posted?

Sorry, just a bit confused about it all, and I can't find anything on the website to explain!

Many thanks in advance

Archived