Bye Bye Green and Pleasant Land

Petals

Megalomaniac landlords like this also feed into the community tensions when immigrants move into rural areas to do farm / processing work, and they live in crowded conditions to keep costs low (as has been referred to endless times on here).

Here is a man who is facilitating this kind of thing, then decrying how we are losing our green and pleasant land.

You couldn't make this stuff up!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Megalomaniac landlords like this also feed into the community tensions when immigrants move into rural areas to do farm / processing work, and they live in crowded conditions to keep costs low (as has been referred to endless times on here).

Here is a man who is facilitating this kind of thing, then decrying how we are losing our green and pleasant land.

You couldn't make this stuff up!

There you go making assumptions again. Do you know who this man rents his houses to? Is he actually doing what you claim he is facilitating?

Why would you even bother saying something if you have to lie?

I don't feel it's relevant whether he buys his tenants birthday and Xmas presents, or if he terrorises them.

He's a hypocrite plain and simple. He's part of the problem he's moaning about.

Now I will leave this thread alone.

Sir, I bid you adieu.

So none of it has to do with families that owned property and land selling it off to make some decent money? No that would never happen would it!

I note you are continuing this 'off topic' discussion, I see little point in discussing point for point, but draw your attention to the fact that I said 'not all'.

This 'twisting' thing is irresistible isn't it?

I have a good view from the top of a hill in a small village. I have checked every morning first thing, and noooooo, there is no more concrete than there was yesterday.

Seriously; the countryside of Great Britain is renowned the World over. Even those congenital idiots in public office know full well what would happen to GB's status on the global stage if it was overrun with high rise flats and God knows what else. The loss of tourism revenue would be catastrophic.

The title is "Bye Bye Green and Pleasant Land". That too is irresistible to quote-for someone living in Australia....

No surprises there.

I note you are continuing this 'off topic' discussion, I see little point in discussing point for point, but draw your attention to the fact that I said 'not all'.

This 'twisting' thing is irresistible isn't it?

I have a good view from the top of a hill in a small village. I have checked every morning first thing, and noooooo, there is no more concrete than there was yesterday.

Seriously; the countryside of Great Britain is renowned the World over. Even those congenital idiots in public office know full well what would happen to GB's status on the global stage if it was overrun with high rise flats and God knows what else. The loss of tourism revenue would be catastrophic.

The title is "Bye Bye Green and Pleasant Land". That too is irresistible to quote-for someone living in Australia....

No surprises there.

I'm in Australia am I? I have as much interist in the article as he next person. I think the immigration policy's are nt right, but then that's just one of many things linked to Europe.

I don't feel it's relevant whether he buys his tenants birthday and Xmas presents, or if he terrorises them.

He's a hypocrite plain and simple. He's part of the problem he's moaning about.

Now I will leave this thread alone.

Sir, I bid you adieu.

Whats my post got to do with buying his tenants Xmas presents? I don't believe he is part of the problem, I fail to see how he is anymore of a problem that say pension companies that own buildings, or anyone else that owns investment properties.

I don't thinking so much opposing immigration but rather wanting control of immigration. You say if you don't like it try Australia, well Australia can control their immigration whereas the UK to an extent can't, so 2 different ways of doing things so yes Aus may be more suitable for people that don't want the flood gates opened

Of course Australia can control its immigration!!!! It has little tolerance for its own Indigenous people-I view with great pleasure seeing British Indians/Africans as society here-I mean they are us! Don't tell me that occurs in Australia because it does not; there is a definite separation. Bluntly Australian has thrived on this race intolerance, and I know very well that many people leave Britain for Australia because they like the way Australia deals with 'people not like us'. Look at all the nastiness directed at the Vietnamese boat people; that racist vitriol has now gone. Because they did NOT swamp the country and 'take all the jobs' etc. When a PM deliberately causes racial tension by saying "we'll decide who comes here", he knew full well what it would feed into and that in Australia certainly, it would be an election winner.

Yes. Australia can control its immigration, which is not actually a ringing endorsement.

Ive just done a bit of googling and I've read plenty about this guy, gosh even some of his tenants are on record saying heis a nice bloke. He even has someone receiving benefits living in his house. But the articles I could find were from 2009 so things may be different now. What if he inherited these properties?

Im not saying Paulv is jealous, what I am saying is that his posts always seem to go against people that make money and are well off. Why is it that when someone from the right questions someone's left views they have no compassion, no concerns about the poor etc etc. I can tell you in this case you are wrong, I just don't see the problem with this guy owning 24 houses, and yes I will say something when certain members always seem to post about the 'rich' people when it's got noting to do with the thread, sure we can all twist articles referenced to somehow turn the thread around.

I think the leanings we all have are quite glaringly apparent, don't you agree?

I'm in Australia am I? I have as much interist in the article as he next person. I think the immigration policy's are nt right, but then that's just one of many things linked to Europe.

As dear Pauline would say: please explain.

Of course Australia can control its immigration!!!! It has little tolerance for its own Indigenous people-I view with great pleasure seeing British Indians/Africans as society here-I mean they are us! Don't tell me that occurs in Australia because it does not; there is a definite separation. Bluntly Australian has thrived on this race intolerance, and I know very well that many people leave Britain for Australia because they like the way Australia deals with 'people not like us'. Look at all the nastiness directed at the Vietnamese boat people; that racist vitriol has now gone. Because they did NOT swamp the country and 'take all the jobs' etc. When a PM deliberately causes racial tension by saying "we'll decide who comes here", he knew full well what it would feed into and that in Australia certainly, it would be an election winner.

Yes. Australia can control its immigration, which is not actually a ringing endorsement.

I think the leanings we all have are quite glaringly apparent, don't you agree?

As dear Pauline would say: please explain.

Your first paragraph, what a load of cr@p, stop looking at the past, a long time ago, our own 'indigenous' people have been treated better than ever before, us 3rd 4th 5th etc etc generation Australians are still paying for what was done to the aborigines back in the 18th 19th and 20th centuries, but look when it started and look who started it, and you think you can sprout off about how great it is to live in the UK with the British africans etc. a bit hypocritical dont you think? did you not see how many immigrants were in Aus when you loved there for so long? That must be intolerance right there. As far as the 'we will decide who comes here', is that not exactly what the UK is trying to achieve here now?

australia being able to control it's immigration is a good thing actually, how do you see it being a bad thing?

do you think I was in Australia and questioned why I made comment on the article? That's the way it came across.

Your first paragraph, what a load of cr@p, stop looking at the past, a long time ago, our own 'indigenous' people have been treated better than ever before, us 3rd 4th 5th etc etc generation Australians are still paying for what was done to the aborigines back in the 18th 19th and 20th centuries, but look when it started and look who started it, and you think you can sprout off about how great it is to live in the UK with the British africans etc. a bit hypocritical dont you think? did you not see how many immigrants were in Aus when you loved there for so long? That must be intolerance right there. As far as the 'we will decide who comes here', is that not exactly what the UK is trying to achieve here now?

australia being able to control it's immigration is a good thing actually, how do you see it being a bad thing?

do you think I was in Australia and questioned why I made comment on the article? That's the way it came across.

...........as I said, Australia is very sensitive on this issue..

............as I said, the 'look who started it' thing always comes up...

Did I 'spout off' about 'how great' it was living with the British Africans?

(You do realise don't you that this little tirade is showing more about you than it is me..?)

"Did you not see how many immigrants were in Australia when you loved there for so long"

(I hope that last part was a Freudian slip? I did have my moments though....)

Yes, I saw. I saw that the early Chinese settlers were treated like dirt; that the Italians were ridiculed and called wops and dago's, that the Asians were disparaged with utter vitriol, that the Greeks were ridiculed for their community closeness and their food, that the Somalis are currently looked on as all criminals.

I saw that this Commonwealth Country had a race discrimination policy in place for decades and got away with it.

Here's the thing AGAIN: no country has clean hands, mankind generally has shown a total intolerance and disregard for other colours and creeds.

BUT: Australia denies it. Australia criticises other nations/people/systems, but is as touchy as hell when it is criticised.

It gets angry and deflects responsibility to ancesters (God they're handy!!). True of course, but then absolves itself with the bald statement that Indigenous Australians are 'treated better than ever before'!!

In simple terms:-your view is crap/you did it/we treat them well.

Thanks for proving things conclusively.

I am enjoying your posts though.

It's a discussion forum, please don't upset yourself. You wouldn't give a damn for my opinion in real life; as I wouldn't for yours.

That's life.

What's Britain's historical record of human rights?

Starving and oppressing the Irish and the Scottish, murdering white South Africans and putting them into concentration camps, conquering the Indians and massacring them when they 'stepped out of line', conquering certain African and Asian countries in order to build an 'empire' of white western supremacy running roughshod over the 'noble savages' in the process.

Finally, declaring the continent of Australia 'Terra Nullius' despite the indigenous population that had already lived there for tens of thousands of years in order to dump their so called criminals.

What did the big bad Aussies do? Restrict non white immigration until the 1960s. It pales in comparison.

Here's the thing AGAIN: no country has clean hands, mankind generally has shown a total intolerance and disregard for other colours and creeds.

Yeah, but England much more than most other nations. English people have killed far more of these people than Australians, and a history of it that goes back further.

England has aggressively colonised and trashed numerous cultures from around the world, to the extent that it's a major reason why today, Asians, Africans, etc. don't trust white Europeans.

White Australians were extremely late on the scene.....

Thanks, ill bear that in mind.

Hummm, either sarcasm, or you are a gracious thinker who used the edit facility promptly so that the edit notice didn't show......!

What's Britain's historical record of human rights?

Starving and oppressing the Irish and the Scottish, murdering white South Africans and putting them into concentration camps, conquering the Indians and massacring them when they 'stepped out of line', conquering certain African and Asian countries in order to build an 'empire' of white western supremacy running roughshod over the 'noble savages' in the process.

Finally, declaring the continent of Australia 'Terra Nullius' despite the indigenous population that had already lived there for tens of thousands of years in order to dump their so called criminals.

What did the big bad Aussies do? Restrict non white immigration until the 1960s. It pales in comparison.

HA! The ludicrous assumption that I did not already know this, when I have indicated more than once that I did.

'Comparison' is compelling isn't it? It became necessary with the 'onset of civilisation' for the British Empire to cut out its less than impeccable human rights record. It grew up.

Australia never has.

Your post is evidence of that. I can almost hear you stamping your feet! The smartest Australian (no not a veiled insult about others. I never met a more multi skilled human being in my life than him) told me that his country was young and immature still. And still throws a tantrum at Mummy!!

.................and the 'restrict non White immigration' statement? Nice try. It was actually the mid 70's, and as I previously said, retired senior departmental officials (I saw interviews with two of them), insist it went on covertly until the early 80's.

Yeah, but England much more than most other nations. English people have killed far more of these people than Australians, and a history of it that goes back further.

England has aggressively colonised and trashed numerous cultures from around the world, to the extent that it's a major reason why today, Asians, Africans, etc. don't trust white Europeans.

White Australians were extremely late on the scene.....

See what I mean? England has indeed killed more people-it had years more practice than Australia. And yes (it gets tedious),..I actually do know about what it has done-and I have never sought to condone it. Ever.

That silly and childish statement that White Australians were 'extremely late on the scene' is the most transparent piece of disengenuous nonsense I have read in order to do the usual: deflect blame and responsibility to others-namely the British.

"We never 'dun it" !!! It is Kindy speak!

Just for once take responsibility for your own current situation where treatment of your Indigenous peoples is lamentable and has had you criticised globally.

Just for once cop it sweet, and don't come up with another crop of 'well they were worse than us'.

Just for once prove maturity.

As I said, no country is a hero; not even the grossly over marketed 'paradise' of Australia.

Please keep on topic unless something big has happened since I last visited this thread it is about the purported increase in migration from the EEC and has nothing to do with Australia and how it treats or treated its indigenous population, nothing to do with what British people did in the past either.

Do not play the person, respect everyone's opinion and if you cannot do it, then go away and have good sit down and a cuppa.

Please keep on topic unless something big has happened since I last visited this thread it is about the purported increase in migration from the EEC and has nothing to do with Australia and how it treats or treated its indigenous population, nothing to do with what British people did in the past either.

Do not play the person, respect everyone's opinion and if you cannot do it, then go away and have good sit down and a cuppa.

I often ask myself why people cant be more like me tbh Petals......

I couldn't agree more!! It is something we should all remember.

Guest The Pom Queen
I often ask myself why people cant be more like me tbh Petals......

:no: We wouldn't have enough mods to cope :tongue: No you are an angel Pabs (have to write that otherwise the young ladies will start sending me hate mail)

Archived