Can maternity leave be included in work experience

Ryso

Old policy stated that you required to have 12 months recent work experience out of 24 months immediately before applying and maternity leave could not be used to meet this requirement.

I don't know many employers who pay full pay for maternity leave. Statutory maternity pay of £136 per week is only paid due to national insurance contributions.

I would not be assuming migration regulations for visas that don't even exist any more as being relevant.

NHS/University and Local Authorities pay 8 weeks full pay and then half pay plus SMP for up to 26 weeks. What about people who are on long service leave - or long term sick leave - you can get up to 6 months full and 6 months half pay with the NHS for that?

NHS/University and Local Authorities pay 8 weeks full pay and then half pay plus SMP for up to 26 weeks. What about people who are on long service leave - or long term sick leave - you can get up to 6 months full and 6 months half pay with the NHS for that?

I think from the rest of the thread, the conclusion is to play it safe and not count. Or consult a registered migration agent.

I used to work for two universities who both paid 6 months full pay.

Hi folks, I got a reply from the enquiry email I sent a few hours after I sent it which stated that only periods of leave on full pay can be counted as a time during which an applicant was employed. Periods of extended leave , such as maternity leave may not.

Thank you all again for all your help I am just going to keep at the Ielts till I pass as I have everything else ready just the 10 points short :-( and I suppose eventually I will have the 3 years experience a few months after returning to work. I been at this for a few years and Its has been a journey to say the least with many changes along the way such as various changes to visa system, trying to get a job to get experience was a challenge in its self , and a new wee passenger who is more than worth the delay :-) so heres hoping 2014 is the year where all my hard work pays off xxx

Thanks again for all your help and Merry Christmas :cute:

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

Well done Ryso,

I'm pretty sure your tenacity and perseverance will pay off. I'll speak to our companies MARA agent about this and see if he can tell me anything about your maternity situation. However IELTS as you know, is your own battle which i'm sure you will win eventually.

Hi folks, I got a reply from the enquiry email I sent a few hours after I sent it which stated that only periods of leave on full pay can be counted as a time during which an applicant was employed. Periods of extended leave , such as maternity leave may not.

So broadly speaking, my wild speculation was 100% correct. Merry Christmas to you too, Alan Collett.

Archived