457 sponsorship visa. Can I have my own business while I work?

gymnast79

My current employer and I are considering applying for a 457 visa for myself. I understand that under this

visa you are not allowed to have 2 jobs and only should work in the work you are sponsored to do.

My boss and I were discussing the possibility to also have a sister branch of the business of which we would be 50-50 partners WHILE I continue to do my normal job. Is this possible under the 457 visa?

Thank you guys.

A 457 visa holder is able to work for the sponsoring business or an associated entity of the business, but in the nominated occupation only. In this instance I would suggest sitting down and consulting with a Migration Agent that would be able take you through the finer details of the 457 visa program and come up with the best strategy to take forward.

To be honest, I would ring the immigration people and ask the direct question. If you don't like their reply, contact your local Federal MP.

If you have a spouse, or partner, I think they are less restricted, and so could own the shares in the business, and pay you a pittance! LOL

To be honest, I would ring the immigration people and ask the direct question. If you don't like their reply, contact your local Federal MP.

If you have a spouse, or partner, I think they are less restricted, and so could own the shares in the business, and pay you a pittance! LOL

Immigration are notorious for giving out false info, and they take no responsibility if you break your visa conditions because of it.

Always consult a registered migration agent for specific advice NOT immigration (they even say this on their website).

Archived