VetAssess & MARA Agents in England

Raul Nigli

Hello All!

My first time on the forums, I'm quite excited, yet daunted by this whole process!

I need a Statement of Service from my employer. I've drawn up something that looks like this:

Statement of Service

Mr X is currently employed full-time (around 35 hours per week) as a Fitness Centre Manager from January 2010, in a permanent role and his employment is ongoing. Mr X's salary is in the range of circa £10,000 anually.

While working at our company, Mr X has been working on the following duties. A few of the duties are listed, include, but are not limited to:

Ø Cash register reconciliation & cash management

Ø Staff induction and training

Ø Pool Lifeguard - Apply first aid & Operate an automatic defibrillator in an emergency

Ø Monitor pool water quality

Ø Maintain stock levels of retail goods while hitting sales targets for the same

Ø maintaining customer service standards & Advise on products and services offered

Ø Follow occupational health and safety policies

Ø undertaking administrative tasks

Ø promoting and marketing the business

Ø dealing with enquiries, complaints and emergencies

Ø Manage a small team

Ø Work in a socially diverse environment

I can confirm that the above tasks were completed to industry standards.

Signed,

Centre Manager (For Worcester City)

Contact Number

I've seen mention of Units of Competency. How do I find out what the UoCs for a Fitness Centre Manager are?

I was wondering if anything needed to be included in this letter?

Also, I would like to hire a good immigration agency to make sure this works out for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think December is a really bad time for all this, but hey ho, that's how it goes I suppose!

Thank you in advance!

Hi Raul,

In my opinion the tasks and duties of on that statement correspond with the expected duties described in ANZSCO. Provided that the reference is signed, dated and printed on headed paper, I would consider it acceptable.

My concern would be that the occupation appears on the CSOL so would require state sponsorship if you were to apply for a 190/489 visa. Currently I believe only WA have it on their list and stipulate that an offer of employment would also be required. The lists do change quite frequently, but you should prepare for the possibility of waiting for an opportunity that may never happen.

All the best,

Hello Adam! That's bang on! Where is the document in ANZSCO? Could you give me a link please? Yes, its been done as you said. Yes, I intend to apply for a 190 visa. And yes, its at WA. I will start applying for a job once this comes through. What did you mean by "you should prepare for the possibility of waiting for an opportunity that may never happen." ??

What did you mean by "you should prepare for the possibility of waiting for an opportunity that may never happen." ??

I think he means that since the visa requires that you first have a job offer from an employer in WA, and since it can be quite difficult to get a job in Australia from overseas and without first having a visa, it can be a catch-22 situation.

I think he means that since the visa requires that you first have a job offer from an employer in WA, and since it can be quite difficult to get a job in Australia from overseas and without first having a visa, it can be a catch-22 situation.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles! That's how it is everywhere now. Its really annoying! But, hey, I don't have a choice. All I can do is hope the best, cross my fingers and wait. I have all the other reqs, including 8.5 on my IELTS and a Masters so I'm sure something will come along soon! Fingers crossed. Any MARA agents that I can get in touch with to make sure I don't mess this up? Or any other agents/lawyers that you could recommend?

Cheers!

Hello Adam! That's bang on! Where is the document in ANZSCO? Could you give me a link please? Yes, its been done as you said. Yes, I intend to apply for a 190 visa. And yes, its at WA. I will start applying for a job once this comes through. What did you mean by "you should prepare for the possibility of waiting for an opportunity that may never happen." ??

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~First+Edition,+Revision+1~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+1491+Amusement,+Fitness+and+Sports+Centre+Managers

What I mean is at the moment you don't have an open pathway and will be reliant on a number of factors outside of your control coming together. You could potentially put in a lot of time, money and effort for no return. Any professional should make you well aware of that fact before engaging you as a client.

All the best,

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

Adam Grey really knows what he's talking about as well which is refreshing. I can also confirm that YES western Australia are sponsoring 149112 Fitness Center Managers which is great, Perth is the most popular destination for my 190 clients for a number of reasons. 1. Demand for work is extremely high 2. You don't have to evidence vast sums of money like other states (the figure to evidence can go up to $50k plus depending on how many family members you are taking with you.) 3. The pay there is higher then most states. There is only 1 thing that has been mentioned that you shouldn't worry about too much and that's the part about needing to have a job offer in place in the state you're applying for first. If you check the immi website and it's requirements for a 190 visa; a job offer isn't one of those requirements and never is for people who qualify for skilled visas ie 189/190 or 489.

Any way that I can change that ADam? I see you have your own services. Maybe we could discuss something in the very near future? Discuss all viable options? Yes, a number of factors, life is always hard like that.

Hi Raul,

One of the registered agents in the company would be happy to discuss the options available. If you'd like to get in touch please visit the website in my signature, click on the 'contact us' link and you'll find an email enquiry form.

All the best,

Actually, it sometimes is a requirement.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/HowtoapplyforStateSponsorship.aspx

Anyone who studied in Australia needs it for WA and if their job is 'off list'.

And they're extremely strict about it too. I've seen clients with vast sums of money that could easily support themselves without employment and WA still wanted evidence of employment or a job offer in a closely related occupation.

And they're extremely strict about it too. I've seen clients with vast sums of money that could easily support themselves without employment and WA still wanted evidence of employment or a job offer in a closely related occupation.

Just when you think nothing else can go wrong, the prospective employer withdraws the job offer.

Guest Guest16631
Just when you think nothing else can go wrong, the prospective employer withdraws the job offer.

......so sorry to hear this........I hope someone else comes along with a better offer for you soon..........tink x

Thanks for your responses, Raul doesn't have an occupation that is on the "off list" nomination scheme and I don't believe he studied in Australia but of course this is a requirement for those applying for "off list nomination." It's really important to consider that positive thinking is key and if we can support people and increase them in confidence this is good. If you are saying you still need to have a job offer regardless of weather or not your occupation is *off list* then fine, otherwise it's best not to burden someone with worries that aren't relevant to their case...in my opinion.

I also apologize for breaking the rules earlier, I understand I cannot ask someone to contact the company I work for. I'm new to the site and I made a mistake which won't happen again. My details are now in the signature which I was advised is fine. Any added points from professionals in the group please feel free to make me aware.

Thanks for your responses, Raul doesn't have an occupation that is on the "off list" nomination scheme and I don't believe he studied in Australia but of course this is a requirement for those applying for "off list nomination." It's really important to consider that positive thinking is key and if we can support people and increase them in confidence this is good. If you are saying you still need to have a job offer regardless of weather or not your occupation is *off list* then fine, otherwise it's best not to burden someone with worries that aren't relevant to their case...in my opinion.

Hi Ryan,

I do not give advice unless I am sure of its accuracy. If there is any uncertainty I always mention it. The occupation appears on schedule 2 of the WA state migration plan and as such requires evidence of current WA employment or an offer of employment open for at least 12 months. WA changed their process a few months back, so perhaps you're quoting the old system? I assure you the information above is current and correct and we have experienced the same process with two clients within the past month.

No amount of positive thinking will change the WA requirements, and far from burdening an applicant we have an obligation to point out the risks involved. In this particular case, a 190 visa would be reliant on an offer of employment in WA or a change of the state occupation lists, both of which are outside of the applicant's control and it would be unethical to take a case forward without making that clear. In my experience clients appreciate the facts, even if they're sometimes hard to take.

WA schedule 2 occupation requirements as of today's date: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/131203%20skilled_migration_criteria%202012-13%20amended.pdf

P.S. Your published MARN number is for Andrew Gregan of Overseas Emigration Limited and Ian Harrop & Associates. Your name doesn't appear on the register. In fact a search for 'expertvisas' brings up no registered agents. You shouldn't post here or anywhere under a MARN unless you actually are registered.

P.S. Your published MARN number is for Andrew Gregan of Overseas Emigration Limited and Ian Harrop & Associates. Your name doesn't appear on the register. In fact a search for 'expertvisas' brings up no registered agents. You shouldn't post here or anywhere under a MARN unless you actually are registered.
I really don't appreciate you suggesting I have been dishonest. Expert Visas have a contract with a fully accredited MARA agent and I have never stated once that I myself am a MARA agent, rather I am employed as a visa consultant and once my client has agreed to go ahead, our MARA agent Andrew and his team assist with the processing of the visa applications that we take on.I also agree that facts are facts and they should be made clear to the client regardless of weather they like it or not. These are my "up to date" evidences regarding the reason why I don't believe a job offer must be in place for a standard 190 visa application. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx (Please read the requirements section)http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx (Please find Chef as available on the state list)Question!! Where does it state in the terms and conditions of using this site that "You shouldn't post here or anywhere under a MARN unless you actually are registered."? The only reason our MARN number is in the signature is because I was advised to do so, as I've already made clear.."I" am not a MARA agent but the MARA number in the signature is one of our guys that we use. Feel free to email him to confirm if you're that worried.

Just for your information, from our rules:

Signatures are a great way of promoting your online business and we encourage their use on the board and within profiles. However, please keep signatures to a maximum of two lines, do not include large images, large text or banners. The only exception to the two line rule is for migration agents who are permitted three lines, due to the requirement to display their Migration Agent Registration Number. One external link to a business website is allowed.

Archived