Where would you rather grow old: Australia or UK?

Guest spreadingwings

Depends a lot on status in regards to if a private patient or public or even more important if someone of ability is advocating for you. I'd say a question of when intervention is curtailed than out and out euthanasia but much the same thing in the end. Both countries pretty much equal to reports I've heard.

My mother had several admissions to Public hospitals in the UK over the age of 80......including a hip replacement at the age of 92

She survived the ordeal:laugh:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting my other half and i were just discussing this the other night he really doesn't want to die in Australia or be buried here when the time comes. Hopefully that's a long way off. Here's the problem though i'm an Aussie he's English so what do we do. I'm not particularly fussed where i go to be fair so i think England is our retirement destination.....Perhaps???

My mother had several admissions to Public hospitals in the UK over the age of 80......including a hip replacement at the age of 92

She survived the ordeal:laugh:

And I had a father who survived in OZ at an older age after being advocated for and as such flown to a top Perth hospital for treatment. We had little doubt the country hospital he was initially in would have finished him.

My old Mum used to say if you went to hospital in the UK over the age of 80 you were euthanised. She was totally convinced of this and would not go near a hospital under any circumstances! Was she right?

Nope, not if my olds are anything to go by! Well cared for and actively encouraged to be well and independent - fabulous support services! At 80 my mum complained they put her in a ward with "old" people. At 89 recently she was one of the spring chickens.

Nope, not if my olds are anything to go by! Well cared for and actively encouraged to be well and independent - fabulous support services! At 80 my mum complained they put her in a ward with "old" people. At 89 recently she was one of the spring chickens.

I think the post you were referring to was simply a 'wind up'.

Archived