BAD news! For 190 visa W A

colettemg123

I am a nurse in the process of having skills assessed for 190 visa and just found this; looks like I need a job offer (or pass the ielts at 8 to get more points for 189 visa) as nursing is available but on the schedule 2 (off list)ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS

STATE MIGRATION PLAN (OCCUPATION ON THE WASMOL SCHEDULE 2)

190 (Skilled nominated)

Meet one of the following criteria:

□ currently working in Western Australia in nominated or closely

related occupation with evidence that employment will continue

for a further 12 months; or

□ have an offer of full-time employment for 12 months in Western

Australia in nominated or closely related

occupation.

I am a nurse in the process of having skills assessed for 190 visa and just found this; looks like I need a job offer (or pass the ielts at 8 to get more points for 189 visa) as nursing is available but on the schedule 2 (off list)ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS

STATE MIGRATION PLAN (OCCUPATION ON THE WASMOL SCHEDULE 2)

190 (Skilled nominated)

Meet one of the following criteria:

□ currently working in Western Australia in nominated or closely

related occupation with evidence that employment will continue

for a further 12 months; or

□ have an offer of full-time employment for 12 months in Western

Australia in nominated or closely related

occupation.

Wrong.... There is no criteria for 190 WA Sponsorship provided you meet the DIAC 60 points test score.

The criteria you have highlighted is for 489 Provisional visas.

Please check the criteria more clearly.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/131203%20skilled_migration_criteria%202012-13%20amended.pdf

Wrong.... There is no criteria for 190 WA Sponsorship provided you meet the DIAC 60 points test score.

The criteria you have highlighted is for 489 Provisional visas.

Please check the criteria more clearly.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/131203%20skilled_migration_criteria%202012-13%20amended.pdf

Well I just read the link YOU provided and it clearly states that that criteria applies to:

190 (Skilled nominated) visas under the STATE MIGRATION PLAN (OCCUPATION ON THE WASMOL SCHEDULE 2) heading

Perhaps YOU should check the criteria more clearly. :wink:

Guest guest30085

If your occupation is on Schedule 2 of the WA list then yes the new criteria does apply, not for occupations on schedule 1. These changes came in October I think it was when the new list was released. You may be better going for the 189 if you meet the points without the points from state sponsorship

If your occupation is on Schedule 2 of the WA list then yes the new criteria does apply, not for occupations on schedule 1. These changes came in October I think it was when the new list was released. You may be better going for the 189 if you meet the points without the points from state sponsorship

Thanks for the replies everyone. it came as a bit of a shock as I had not previously seen this when I commenced the process, but if it only came into effect in October then that explains why. Anyway main reason for post was to alert others to check this criteria, as it applies to other occupations not just nursing.

Thanks for the replies everyone. it came as a bit of a shock as I had not previously seen this when I commenced the process, but if it only came into effect in October then that explains why. Anyway main reason for post was to alert others to check this criteria, as it applies to other occupations not just nursing.

Thanks for posting this Colette, it may help others decide between 189 and 190 visa. It`s not that easy to get a job offer without a visa in place. Good luck with your application.

• 1 year later...

Archived