186 Oct 2013 applicants

PrinceW

Hey all,

Is there anyone here lodged 186 application in Oct willing to share any experience? Plzzzzz...

Lodged my Application on 8/Oct/2013 still not assigned to CO yet. Haven't done Medical examination and havent gotten my HAP ID because I have done one within a year and this time needs to wait for CO's decision whether another one is necessary or not....waiting is really killing me!!:arghh::arghh:

Edited by PrinceW

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We applied for 186 via employer nomination stream in mid October. Received an email from CO on 3rd Dec requesting medical/health info and have just had medicals earlier in the week.

It appears from other posts that applications are looked at on an individual basis, but I suppose it also depends on the workload of the case officers. One things for sure, it is a frustrating process :arghh:

Hi

I lodged on the 30th if September and still no news from Immi .:(

Decision ready / migration agent - direct entry - Parramatta office - all requested files been lodged and bringing visa submitted on the same day ...

I was was hoped to received by Xmas .... But I think it'll be an impossible mission ...

Good luck to everyone who are waiting ... I know it's painful :(

Hello, Isabelt: Could you share some experience on 186 with me? I am going thorough 186 via agent in Shanghai and waiting for assessment from VETASSESS.

Hi there, I didn't go through vet assess as I was a transition stream, rather than direct entry. Is there anything else you'd like to know?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, Isabelt: Could you share some experience on 186 with me? I am going thorough 186 via agent in Shanghai and waiting for assessment from VETASSESS.

Mine took me 3-4 weeks to get it done. My employer wrote a letter to them for expedition the whole process due to await for application of my nomination. And afterwards, I called them twice and finally it was done the next day after my 2nd call. If your process has been exceeded the standard processing time, you'd better call them and talk to them.

Have you had any news yet PrinceW?

I submitted in October also but has now been granted, it's interesting to see how varied the timelines are.

no I am still waiting....I submitted all the further information on 17th Dec and confirmed with CO on 18th and all the documents have been completed...but no further information since then....My CO said he won't be back to office till 14the Jan soooooo kinda fingers crossed....:arghh::arghh::arghh:

no I am still waiting....I submitted all the further information on 17th Dec and confirmed with CO on 18th and all the documents have been completed...but no further information since then....My CO said he won't be back to office till 14the Jan soooooo kinda fingers crossed....:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Hopefully it sounds like you'll be hearing very soon, it seems like the closer you get to a decision being made, the slower time passes.

Good luck. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

We applied for 186 via employer nomination stream in mid October. Received an email from CO on 3rd Dec requesting medical/health info and have just had medicals earlier in the week.

It appears from other posts that applications are looked at on an individual basis, but I suppose it also depends on the workload of the case officers. One things for sure, it is a frustrating process :arghh:

Hey Stooly,

Would you mind sharing where your application was processed? Coz I have been waiting so long since the case officer asked me to hand in more information.........:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

My nomination was submitted Oct. 7th and my application Oct. 8th, 186 Transition Stream. My nomination was approved Nov. 27th and my application Dec. 2nd. Mine went to the Melbourne office, and was done without a migration agent. I included my police checks with my application and my medical was done in August so front-loaded.

I have a coworker who submitted their application and nomination about 2 weeks before mine, through a migration agent. They had to follow up with DIBP and the nomination has finally been approved a couple of weeks ago but no word on the visa yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...