Game Boys & PS portables

ali

Hi Ali,

Marie asked the same kind of question the other day (News and Gossip - not sure how to cut and past and stuff in here yet). Choobs suggests that as Australia is a region 2 like the UK, DVDs and games console games will work down under but the plug is wrong and he also said that a qualified electrician has to change plugs too. This means you can either take your console and buy new games or buy a new console and keep old games!

Good news on the games front - I have a feeling our xbox is going with us too!

Thanks, I saw the post which was about an x-box, but I'm considering getting the children the hand held type and was wondering about game compatibility if I bought it in the UK and games in aus.

Ali

Guest daisydeeds

I think that the handheld games are universal across the board. I know Choobs has imported games from US and Hong Kong and theres no problem with cartridges for Nintendo gbas, sps or ds's nor for Gamecube. Im going to have to buy myself a pink ds lite as my dd has developed a liking for my pink ds. ;-)

Daisydeeds

Guest Arnold

Hi all,

My boys have Nintendo DS systems and you can take them no problem, the only difference between countrys with the DS is, the power lead which you can buy when your there and the colour of the DS, two colours for each country UK has White & Black.

You will have a problem with Sony PSP as the movies are region coded like a DVD player so will not work.

Hope that helps

Matt

Guest choobs
Hi Ali,

yep gameboys ok too

cheers

Matt

Yup - there's no problem there - consoles are the same region as the UK and handhelds are generally region free anyway (with the exception of the PSP - not sure about those cos I don't have one).

Top tip though - most chargers for handhelds have the plug moulded into the transformer. Rather than buying a whole bunch of new chargers, if you have a PC / MAC you can buy a USB cable for a couple of quid. This will let you charge your handhelds from your laptop/PC while on the go and without having to spend a lot of cash.

Cheers

Choobs

Archived