Did rabies jab make your cat sick

Metoo

Guest Guest16631
Bear with me Tink, trying to put a photo on but it keeps disappearing when I press upload. Will get it on in a minute, keeping trying x

.......lovely.........he looks a cuddly cat.......,!.

.......such a beautiful colour........

........a truly wonderful furry friend........for you Metoo.........

Guest Guest16631
And another

....he looks very regal laying there.....!

.....just lifting his head enough to acknowledge you......lol...!

Yes he's gorgeous, 10 yrs old now. At bed time he jumps up at the foot end of the bed, walks up the full length of my body and lays on my shoulder with his nose in my ear and a paw either side of my neck. He only stays there for about 5 mins or until I turn over and then he curls up by the radiator for the rest of the night. I think it's his insurance policy so I don't leave him behind lol

Guest Guest16631

......aaawwww........that's lovely....!

.......he doesn't look that old...........

.......the sons cat is about 6............according to the vet......and looks twice the age of yours.....!

........shows he's been and is being well looked after......!

Yes, that hasn't always been the case for him though.

We got him when he was 18 months old, he came from an animal aid shelter.

When they took him in, he had a lot of fur missing due to ring worm. He had not been vaccinated against anything and he was very, very nervous. The shelter took care of his ring worm and they had him spayed. When I took him over I got his vaccinations up to date.

He spent a lot of time hiding under tables and inside cupboards before he realised that he was in a safe place. Now he's king of the castle. He's still not sure about strangers though, especially men.

Guest Guest16631
Yes, that hasn't always been the case for him though.

We got him when he was 18 months old, he came from an animal aid shelter.

When they took him in, he had a lot of fur missing due to ring worm. He had not been vaccinated against anything and he was very, very nervous. The shelter took care of his ring worm and they had him spayed. When I took him over I got his vaccinations up to date.

He spent a lot of time hiding under tables and inside cupboards before he realised that he was in a safe place. Now he's king of the castle. He's still not sure about strangers though, especially men.

.........it's lovely when they get a happy ending......

.........they don't ask for much our pets......

.........a bit of food and somewhere to sleep......and they give so much love.......

..........his time to be king of the castle......!

The vets just rang with blood test results. Liver and kidneys functioning ok, blood sugar is raised. This she says could simply be down to stress of being poorly, or, could be a sign of pancreatitis.

I can collect him this evening but she would like him to be seen again tomorrow as he still isn't interested in eating and if at all possible can I collect a urine sample :elvis: She also recommended white chicken for his tea as this is easily digested, so I guess it's roast chicken for our tea too.

The vets just rang with blood test results. Liver and kidneys functioning ok, blood sugar is raised. This she says could simply be down to stress of being poorly, or, could be a sign of pancreatitis.

I can collect him this evening but she would like him to be seen again tomorrow as he still isn't interested in eating and if at all possible can I collect a urine sample :elvis: She also recommended white chicken for his tea as this is easily digested, so I guess it's roast chicken for our tea too.

Awwww poor kitty.

I hope the raised blood sugar is just that he's been poorly.

Hope he likes his chicken. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my cat.

We had the blood test results back yesterday for his rabies and all is well, he passed with enough anti bodies.

Oh what a relief, I know he's only a cat but he's my mate :laugh: and I can't even imagine leaving him behind.

Well done pussy cat. One more thing to tick off the list.

Ahh that's good news, I'm sure our pets will help us settle when we get there.

i think we will be getting some more pets after we arrive in sydney. OH wants a dog and I want some birds. We have tropical fish here too so we will be getting some more of those too lol.

What a wonderful outcome Metoo. Your cat is devine

I love cats. Sadly mine disappeared years ago. But I do remember the worry and strain I went through when she was really poorly and I had to be away on a course.

I remember the first time I got her, I was cuddling her and then threw her off my lap, as I could see these little black things running through her fur..I was so shocked, I had never come across fleas before!!!! (She did forgive me, but not all the medication she had to have to get rid of them).

To me she was the cleverest cat in the whole world. She would check the road was clear before crossing over, we lived in the city. She would look out for me when I got home and come racing along the high fences of all the neighbours to get to the flat. Yep I have some amazing stories about her.

I would love to have another one but no pets allowed.

My OH nearly brought a stray cat home the other week. He went to visit a customer and a beautiful black cat strolled across the warehouse. OH called him and he did the rolling on its back thing and licking the hand.

Turns out it kept coming in and the guys tried in vane to locate an owner even put up posters and had him checked for a chip but no joy. So, they bought him a collar and have been feeding him but he really needs a proper home. If we weren't migrating I would have said bring him home to us.

The guys are being kind to him and are trying to find him a new home.

Metoo x

Good news, I found out today that the cat mentioned above has found a good home, just in time for christmas.

So pleased for him :biggrin:

Archived