Did rabies jab make your cat sick

Metoo

Hi everyone,

My cat had his rabies jab 3 weeks ago and has been fine except he went off his food. Not completely but definitely eating less and more fussy. This morning however, he has been sick several times, now its just little pools of bile and he is looking very sorry for himself.

He is due to have the blood test for antibodies on Tuesday. As this would be the time when the antibodies would peak, would this have any bearing on his upset tum?

We were not old to look out for any symptoms.

Thanks for reading

Guest The Pom Queen

Usually reactions happen within the first 48 hours. Although I am sure your baby will be fine maybe just get him checked at the vets. The only time I've seen a reaction past 48 hours is when there has been organ failure. This is extremely rare and I think its just a case of your cat is having an off day. Don't leave it over the weekend try and get in today if you can

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks guys, will ring vets and get him checked. He is just curled up now, not even had a wee today.

Huge hugs :hug: let us know how he goes

Back from vets already. They have kept him for the day at least as he looks so listless.

He has a slight temperature and they are going to do some blood tests to check liver and kidney function. He may need an intro venus drip but hopefully not. He does however have a full bladder which I hope is a good sign. He didn't go out for a wee this morning as he was not feeling well enough to be bothered.

The big problem now is his anti bodies test on Tuesday. If he needs antibiotic, that may bring down his antibody count before he gets tested for his rabies result.

Anyway, vet said she won't give antibiotic without speaking to us first. I have to ring them after 1.30 if they haven't been in touch by then.

Metoo x

Guest Guest16631

.......the vet will fix him.......that and a good rest .........!

.......all the stinkers here send their love.....( one missing as he's gone out....:embarrassed:)

Guest Guest16631
Awww so cute. I will take the one with the dark ears if you get fed up with them :wink:

........:shocked:........not the one on the left.....?

My OH nearly brought a stray cat home the other week. He went to visit a customer and a beautiful black cat strolled across the warehouse. OH called him and he did the rolling on its back thing and licking the hand.

Turns out it kept coming in and the guys tried in vane to locate an owner even put up posters and had him checked for a chip but no joy. So, they bought him a collar and have been feeding him but he really needs a proper home. If we weren't migrating I would have said bring him home to us.

The guys are being kind to him and are trying to find him a new home.

Metoo x

Guest Guest16631

.........how kind they are.......

.........he's probably quite content being looked after at work....

..........though I hope someone can keep him.........

...........my son has a stray cat........she lives with them now........and about 3 other families in the street...lol...

............she's beautiful..........but will only stay for so long.......!

I know Tink, I expect there will be a whole new batch of strays after Christmas. It is such a shame, animals are so trusting.

I have a friend at work who has never taken her cats to the vets, ever. She had three.

Once when my cat was attacked by another, I took him to the vets as his face swelled up with infection. It cost quite a lot of time and money to get him right again.

my friend said I was mad to spend so much on an animal. I asked what she would do if her cat was in pain. She just said, tough, I won't pay that much for a cat.

She told me one died recently. When I asked what it died of, she didn't know. Said she found it dead in the garden.

I don't ask her any more as it makes me so mad.

Guest Guest16631

........that's not right.....!

.........an animal becomes your responsibility when you choose to let it bide with you....!

........my animals use all my money lol....!

.......I save up for holidays .....don't earn much......then if its not a vets bill .....it's a new toy......or bed....or lead.....

........an animal is always pleased to see you......no matter what your mood previously......

........their a privilege to share your life with....IMO......

.........and your pet must feel it's well loved Metoo........I hope he feels better soon......x

Vets just rang, they have given him something to stop him being sick. He has had an antibiotic :elvis: and now we are waiting for blood results. She said I can probably collect him at tea time. A bit worried now about Tuesdays rabies test. Ooooh I can see it all unravelling

Guest Guest16631

....think positive.......if their sending him home....

......he must at least be feeling a little better......

......and fingers crossed for the other dilemma.......

....think positive.......if their sending him home....

......he must at least be feeling a little better......

......and fingers crossed for the other dilemma.......

Thank you Tink, I hope your little friends stay well and healthy for you too x

Guest Guest16631

........thank you!

.........put a photo on of him Metoo.......please.....

.......I would love to see him......

.......I can show the stinkers so they know who their wishing well.......

........may the rest of his migration journey be less eventful......!

Archived