Bitter-sweet Vetassess results

cjenky

Well finally after a 16 week wait I have received my Vetassess results....Positive outcome. Thrilled to have got the positive but bittersweet in the fact my occupation was taken off the WA state list on the 28th October the only list it was on.

Does anyone know if occupations are ever re-added to the lists once removed (Either in the same year or following years)?

Our options now seem to be Employer sponsorship or keep everything crossed the occupation in the future is re-added, we still have a few years before we lose points for age. I feel really deflated at the moment as everything is on hold again. Hey ho if its meant to be its meant to be I suppose. :confused:

Sorry to hear that CJenky. It's rough when the goalposts are moved halfway through the process and it's happening far too frequently now.

Occupations are added and taken away depending on the current industry demand level in that state. Industry representatives are constantly in contact with the State Government and advising them of the current skill shortages/abundances so occupations can be added or taken away quite often. WA is feeling the pinch from the downturn in the mining industry which is now having a knock on effect to other support/service occupations. This is the reason why their occupation list has been dramatically reduced from the same period last year.

If you let us know what your occupation is perhaps someone can help you with alternative options.

All the best,

Hi Adam,

I'm looking at any Sydney , visited in March this year and fell in love with the place.

Flying back in March 2014 for another 3 weeks and to see if the feeling (which wont go away) is still the same!

I'm a production manager for a chemical company, do you think my line of work would be easy to find ?

Many thanks!

Hi Rink,

Most of the companies we deal with in NSW are in the IT/Marketing/Medical/Recruitment/transport industries so I'm not really up to speed with the current climate for that particular occupation.

'Job Outlook' provides a good indication of employment prospects and it's always worth checking the number of vacancies on sites such as Seek.com.au. You can also get an indication of market trends using the start of fiscal year prospective summaries and salary surveys from Hays, Michael Page, Hudson, Robert Walters etc.

Hope it works out for you.

Would it help to give what your occupation is?

are you only looking at WA?

Sorry yes I have been assessed for Project Administrator (511112), I actually head a logistics department for a manufacturing and installation company here in the UK a job ive been in for the past 10years. We install all over the world and I handle everything from the transport/haulage, flights, visas, accommodation, driver management, import/export documentation, vehicle maintenance, labour allocation etc etc. Its a very varied role which I love, just think id love doing it more in Aus :)

Where there's a will there's a way I guess. I think I will start on the employer route and keep my eye on the lists. Keeping everything crossed.

Thanks for all the encouragement :wink:

Sorry yes I have been assessed for Project Administrator (511112), I actually head a logistics department for a manufacturing and installation company here in the UK a job ive been in for the past 10years. We install all over the world and I handle everything from the transport/haulage, flights, visas, accommodation, driver management, import/export documentation, vehicle maintenance, labour allocation etc etc. Its a very varied role which I love, just think id love doing it more in Aus :)

Where there's a will there's a way I guess. I think I will start on the employer route and keep my eye on the lists. Keeping everything crossed.

Thanks for all the encouragement :wink:

Consult a registered migration agent.

Hi Claire,

Congratulations! :)

I also got my positive results re 511112 this week, so feel exactly the same. As English isn't my first language, I don't believe that employer sponsorship route works out for me. 511112 is on ACT off-list though, so if you have relatives there you might try that. Another thing is to try getting a job offer from ACT, its also one of the criteria.

Honestly I feel really lost: many months' work went down the drain :(, thinking even about another assessment

Hi Claire,

Congratulations! :)

I also got my positive results re 511112 this week, so feel exactly the same. As English isn't my first language, I don't believe that employer sponsorship route works out for me. 511112 is on ACT off-list though, so if you have relatives there you might try that. Another thing is to try getting a job offer from ACT, its also one of the criteria.

Honestly I feel really lost: many months' work went down the drain :(, thinking even about another assessment

Hi Serpentine,

Congratulations to you too....it's an awful feeling isn't it? I had seen the info on ACT website regarding job offers and relatives living in the state. Unfortunately our relatives all live in Adelaide:( In regards to a job offer I am not feeling too confident in this, it's notoriously difficult to get an employer sponsorship....I'm going to give it a go for sure but can't help but feel a little disheartened at the whole thing. I too have thought about an assessment for an alternative occupation but where will it end? The same thing may happen again. I am really, really hoping the occupation will get re-added. Think I am just going to take a few days to get my head around the whole thing. Good luck to you, hope everything works out for you

Claire

Guest Helchops

Hi CJenky,

As per wrussell's post, do consult an agent - they can come up with varied ways of applying, and have normally been though the migration cycle more than a few (hundred) times. Also, wrussell is a migration agent I think so I suspect his advice on getting a consult may be that they could help your situation?

Most will offer a free consultation or at the very least a free online assessment with a written response so it's worth a look - there may be something you simply hadn't considered!

Archived