has anyone worked in austalia on a working holiday visa, and applied for a skilled visa

davidkidd

does annyone know, Is it possiple to work in austalia on a working/holiday visa, and then change to a skilled 189/190 visa if i meet the criteria?

ideally i would like to fly over find/start a job and gain sponsoprship from the emloyer and bring the family across

Hey davidkidd

I have worked in Australia on a student visa (internship as part of the studies) and on a working holiday visa in total for a year and I am now applying for the 190 visa. My documents are currently with VETASSESS so hoping for a positive outcome.

As long as you work in the field of your occupation that you want to get a skilled visa for for at least a year and your education level fits as well it should work. The only thing would be that you probably have to get a second year of working holiday through farm work or leave Australia since you can only start applying when you have done at least a year of working. I am currently back in Germany waiting for the visa to get sorted from here.

thanks again everyone for the feedback, FP215 I am eligible for 189/190 visa however I would prefer to apply through the construction estimator route which I have been advised is a skill level 2 which requires a job offer therefore would like to go over there and meet prospective employers, I could possibly apply via the qs route which is level 1 on the sol, however the last 6.5 years I have worked as a construction estimator which is similar however worried when verifiying the job skill the assessor may decline my visa.

Hey davidkidd

I have worked in Australia on a student visa (internship as part of the studies) and on a working holiday visa in total for a year and I am now applying for the 190 visa. My documents are currently with VETASSESS so hoping for a positive outcome.

As long as you work in the field of your occupation that you want to get a skilled visa for for at least a year and your education level fits as well it should work. The only thing would be that you probably have to get a second year of working holiday through farm work or leave Australia since you can only start applying when you have done at least a year of working. I am currently back in Germany waiting for the visa to get sorted from here.

If someone already has work experience then the 2nd year part is irrelevant.

Archived