When to get medical?

Annielamb

Hi All,

For certain visas the medicals can be front loaded by putting your details in the 'My Health Declarations' system, which will give you a HAP ID number that you can use to book and attend your medical with. When you later apply for the visa you will be asked if you have completed a medical within the last 12 months and will need to enter your HAP ID. This will tie the application to your already completed medical which the panel clinic will have uploaded to the eMedical system.

Always keep in mind the medicals have a 12 month expiry date and if you're outside of Australia the initial entry date you receive will be based upon the expiry of your medical/police clearances. This makes front loading impractical for some situations.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Hi CollegeGirl,

it can be used onshore or offshore by applicants that haven't yet lodged an application and where eMedical processing applies. All it really does is allow the applicant to get a HAP ID and have their details on the eMedical system. It shouldn't be used for things like partner visas or parent visas where processing times are likely to be quite lengthy.

its a handy system, but the case officers are supplying health instructions quickly after lodging at the moment so I can't say it really speeds things up a great deal.

It shouldn't be used for things like partner visas or parent visas where processing times are likely to be quite lengthy.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the advice. Why do you think it's not worth it to supply medicals with visa lodgement for partner visa?

As far as I remember previously Department recommended that applicants for partner visa do medicals and provide police clearance together with visa application. I cannot find this now though.

So, do you think it's better to wait for the office request now?

We are going to submit on-shore partner visa application soon and we were going to do medicals at the same time.

Thanks!

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the advice. Why do you think it's not worth it to supply medicals with visa lodgement for partner visa?

As far as I remember previously Department recommended that applicants for partner visa do medicals and provide police clearance together with visa application. I cannot find this now though.

So, do you think it's better to wait for the office request now?

We are going to submit on-shore partner visa application soon and we were going to do medicals at the same time.

Thanks!

It's mainly down to processing time. Partner and parent visas can take many months to process and because the medicals only have a 12 month validity an applicant could end up having to retake them or (if applying offshore) end up with a really short Initial Entry Date.

An onshore partner visa is a bit of a different scenario to all the rest because for some people submitting a 'decision ready' application is a lot more beneficial. In your case providing the police and medicals at the time of application would be advisable, but bear in mind that if the application is incomplete it could take in excess of a year to process and you could have to retake the medicals and provide new police clearances.

Hi All,

For certain visas the medicals can be front loaded by putting your details in the 'My Health Declarations' system, which will give you a HAP ID number that you can use to book and attend your medical with. When you later apply for the visa you will be asked if you have completed a medical within the last 12 months and will need to enter your HAP ID. This will tie the application to your already completed medical which the panel clinic will have uploaded to the eMedical system.

Always keep in mind the medicals have a 12 month expiry date and if you're outside of Australia the initial entry date you receive will be based upon the expiry of your medical/police clearances. This makes front loading impractical for some situations.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Hi adam

I need you precious advice regarding my case. I have a valid 485 visa and i am currently offshore. I already have an invitation for 189 visa and will be applying after arriving in Australia. I am thinking of using my health declarations and going for medicals offshore as it is costing me very cheap as compared to medicals in Australia secondly it will also save my time. Can i use my offshore medicals for onshore 189 visa?

Hi adam

I need you precious advice regarding my case. I have a valid 485 visa and i am currently offshore. I already have an invitation for 189 visa and will be applying after arriving in Australia. I am thinking of using my health declarations and going for medicals offshore as it is costing me very cheap as compared to medicals in Australia secondly it will also save my time. Can i use my offshore medicals for onshore 189 visa?

Hi Dewham,

The medicals can be completed in any of the approved panel clinics anywhere in the world. It happens quite often that applicants are travelling and it's more convenient for them to undertake the medicals in another country. One slight note would be that if you happen to need a follow up medical because of any health issue, the DIBP/Medical Officers often ask for the subsequent medical to be completed by the same doctor, which will then prove difficult.

Also please check first that you are eligible to apply for the visa from within Australia, that's the most important thing.

Hi!

I had my medicals 31 Oct and since then the organize your health hadnt disappeared. This wednesday got a CO allocated on my case and confirmed that indeed meds referred to MOC as I have declared some medical conditions. Yesterday however the organize your health link disappeared and was replaced with ' No health examination required'.

Can anyone advise if it means ok already or definitely still referred?

Hi Dewham,

The medicals can be completed in any of the approved panel clinics anywhere in the world. It happens quite often that applicants are travelling and it's more convenient for them to undertake the medicals in another country. One slight note would be that if you happen to need a follow up medical because of any health issue, the DIBP/Medical Officers often ask for the subsequent medical to be completed by the same doctor, which will then prove difficult.

Also please check first that you are eligible to apply for the visa from within Australia, that's the most important thing.

Thank you so much adam for your reply. yes I am eligible to apply onshore application. I also need your comments on few more things

1) Currently I am offshore in Pakistan from last one year but i have a valid 485 visa which is expiring in march 2014. while filling EOI i have marked my relevant job experience as irrelevant as I didnt need those points. Is it ok or it will cause me problem latter on?

2) I am using Occupational English test (OET) for Medical administrator occupation (in SOL list) which is in health and welfare service manager (occupation ceiling list) is it OK or the Case officer will not accept it?

3) What if i apply my 189 visa offshore this week while in Pakistan and return Australia in mid of feburary 2014 before my 485 visa expiry will i get bridging visa A?

4) I have all my documents ready is there any possibility that I can apply 189 onshore visa while staying offshore in PAkistan. I have a valid 485

Looking forward for your earliest response

Hi Dewham,

I'm happy to give general advice here because the system has become a minefield and I don't believe there is enough clear, published information for the standard applicant. The comments I make are always to the best of my knowledge but should never be taken as direct legal advice and that's not my intention here.

If you have a lot of specific legal questions like that I really don't think a forum is the best place to ask them.

All the best,

Archived