YAY !! Just received visa approval letter !!!

Guest Philumission

Guest Philumission

Hi All,

Been a very long process but am now ready to go. Moving to Brisbane mid-sept but going on my own. Has anybody else gone on their own ?

Will be renting initially, c. 3 months, but would want fully furnished. Will then buy when I know best areas and have setlled in job etc.

Have got realestate.com.au, any other good websites ??

Pretty nervous, yet very excited, now so any tips greatly appreciated.

Phil

Hey Phil, brilliant news, good luck and I hope it goes well for you.

I went on my own years seventeen years ago but came back after 18 months!.. now I've got the missus and five kids in tow and we are several thousand dollars lighter with our current application (my first PR visa was about £100 as I remember, twenty quid for the medical and took about 3 weeks start to finish!, nevermind).

Can't complain though, my better half is a nurse so she's 'in demand' (not only from me).

So, my tip, stay a while and if you don't, keep your visa up to date mate!

Best of luck

Guest Philumission

Hey Thanks Billabong and Bladder,

Yep it is a great feeling. However, feels like i've got a hard few months ahead settling in 'Bris Vegas' (been doing my research !!).

Leaving network of family and friends behind feels bad but deep down reckon they're all terribly jealous.

Have sorted sporting loyalties - Lions, Broncos, Reds and Roar.

Good luck with your applications and subsequent arrival in Gods Country (see, i'm showing off now !!)

Archived