Help please.!!!! What to do next

Mart86

Hi all thanks in advance for you help. My partner and I, we're about to submit our EOI to Western Australia under my partners skill of community worker, this however all of a sudden has gone on the list now and only available in SA but all our family is in WA. I however have been a landscape Gardner for 10 years almost but not qualified only have work experience. Does anyone have any advice on where we could go next and what would I have to do if it's possible to gain state sponsorship to WA. Thanks and any information would be gratefully appreciated.

If it is not on the sponsored occupations list then it would be fair to assume you are not going to get state sponsorship. SA is a lot closer to your relatives than UK is..

I assume you have not done the skills assessment yet or looked into it, but your OH has?

Thanks for your replies ye my skill is on the list but don't have a formal qualification but could get skills assessed. And your right SA is closer than the uk. But not to sure on if work experience would suffice over a stupid certificate. If a skill has been taken of WA does that mean it will not come back on at all.?

No one can say what will or won't come back on to the list - clearly this would require a crystal ball. However, the fact that it has been taken off would suggest its been done so for a reason, I.e. no further need to provide visas for that occupation.

What you have to decide is whether being a few hundred miles and a 5 hour internal flight is better than 9000 miles and a 24 hour international one.

Edited by Tickled Pink