Getting bond back!

Wellers and Whitehead

Yep I know the feeling. You have to pay a new bond before you get the old one, and then all the moving costs and getting carpets clean etc.

I'm hoping mine all goes well. Anything they can pick on was either in the snag list when I moved in

(but the rental company has changed, and the last one was appalling, so I'm not convinced they will even have kept my copy of that) or it is wear and tare. I've been here nearly six years, so it's little things like extra holes in screen doors (which already had them) so I'm pretty sure a tribunal would side with me on that one if it came to it.

It's such a pain having to worry about it though.

You have to wait until the final inspection, usually a day or two after you move out.

With us there were no issues, we got our full bond back a few days after inspection. The agent actually thanked us for our efforts (to be honest we left the place spotless and cleaner than when we moved in as we were determined not to give them an excuse to withold money).

They also had us steam clean the carpets which was written into the contract. As UK landlords ourselves Im of the opinion that the system is weighted too far in favour of landlords here but thats another rant :mad:

As long as theres no damage and the place is clean you should be fine.

It might be, but apparently the tribunals tend to go on the side of the remnant if there is anything which is a bit ambiguous.

I did put notes all over my snag list that is obviously had not been professionally cleaned as they claimed it had as lots of it was dirty. I'm pretty lucky in that mine is a very old house, and you can tell. Even the agent put in their snag lists that it was showing signs of age, peeling wall paper etc.

On a positive, my cars all loaded, just waiting for my washing machine to finish, then off to pick up my new house keys (which is a much nicer, but more expensive house). Yay.

In nsw you get it back straight into your account a few days after you move out n final inspection has been done..you should try be there for inspection...n the estate agent or landlord shouldnt have it..it should b in a bond holding account which you should have a reference number for...their is a form to fill in that you n estate agent nd to sign...any problems n I would google nsw tenancy support. .they are geat, give great free advice n steps on what to do if any problems. .the estate agent may also have their own cleaners n carpet shampooers, where if you go with them and their is no damage it guarantees your bond back..was $250 for us to have everything cleaned by them but we just done it ourselves

I didn't get my bond for about 2 weeks after I moved out and that was Sydney and they rushed it through for me. Depends if you agent lodged the funds with the bond board which they are supposed to do. If so theres not much you can do but just wait. If the place is clean and tidy there is no reason they should hold onto the bond.

Archived