Daylight hours

Guest sparklypom

Guest sparklypom

Can anyone tell me if there are long summer evenings in Oz? this is an odd one I know but it is causing slight concern for my OH and his ability to play golf after work!!(plays everyday here!) I know in Sept /Oct time it is dark by 6.30 ish and that there is daylight saving, but never really thought if it stays light past 9pm in summer? Answers please, he's driving me nuts!

Guest amanda

I visited brisbane at xmas for two weeks and again in april for 4 weeks and i am afraid that it was dark at 5.30 -6pm . i found this really strange. but it got light at about 4.30am. so what you lose one end of the day you gain in the morning.. hope this helps :)

Guest sparklypom

Thanks for the info so far, OH will have to play golf early then won't he! :)

In answer to your question Phil, we are going initally to Sydney area and then depending on his job, Townsville, Melbourne or Darwin! bit of a contrast I know! when we were in PD last year I remember it being dark early then but didin't really notice the time, (having far too much fun!)but just that it was still lovely and warm.(can't say that for Yorkshire today, so dark I've got the lights on and it's raining AGAIN!!:(

Sparklypom.

Guest Phil Olsen

I live in Perth and we do not have daylight saving.

Here, some people either play early (in Summer it is light at 4.30 ish) or start work and knock off early for twilight sport (eg sailing and golf).

Daylight is not much after 6.30 - 7 ish wherever you are in Oz.

Phil

Archived