New in Sydney... Wanna make friends!? :)

carlagrif

Hi all,

My husband and I moved to Sydney bit more than two months ago from London and it is time to say hello to the World down under!

We are still discovering Sydney and our minds have been focused on my husband's job, finding&dressing our place (which we are still doing!) and trying to understand this city, but it is time to start enjoying Sydney and what Oz can offer, so we would like to meet people! :) plus I'd like some advise re jobs too! - We moved to Sydney because of my husband's job.

We live in Neutral Bay and would be great to make new friends. Plus any advise on how to get on in Sydney would be fantastic! Jamie, my husband, works office hrs in the city and I'm free all day really. We like going outdoors walking, going to the beach, staying in, Jamie likes mountain-biking and I love all about art. Really easygoing, so if any of you would like to meet up let us know! Or if there is any other ladies around who wanna meet up just message me :) I get so bored being at home, which takes me to my other wonder:work.

I work in Broadcasting/TV/film and my last job in London was with a worldwide broadcaster, but the kind of job I used to do there is mainly done in Asia and I am not familiar with the Media industry here; so I'm open to work in temp jobs until I find a job in my career. Do any of you know of websites or if any of you work in Media.. Any good agencies to check or good companies to work for? I like working and being around people, plus extra earnings are always welcome... Help!?

Feel free to say hi! :)

Hello...

I wish I could see you post just few days ago...

Actually me and my wife went to Sydney for our first entry of 190 VISA.

The most shocking thing is we have no relatives there.. We stayed there only for 5 days.

Every day we walked a lot and explored the city, but in evening felt too much lonely...

We are dreaming is it possible to make new friends in there? or to have some neighbors to celebrate coffee and BBQ together in winter evening..??

We are afraid to comeback permanently within next 9/12 months later..

Coz without jobs life is hard... but without a friend life is impossible.... :)

Take care and best of luck for you......

• 2 months later...

Hi, i am Shaheen, i can feel for you.... i have also come to sydney in december with m\y husband and feel so lonely. he is doing a job while i stay home all day and do nothing except for applying for jobs. so we can meet up if you want? waiting for your response. Cheers :)

Hi Blackmagic!

sorry for the late reply. And thank you for your post. I totally understand your point, but little by little it is possible to meet new people, even the hardest bit may be not having a job.

I don't know what the 190 visa is about, but if you guys decide to come back just email me and hopefully we can share that coffee or bbq :)

Hi, i am Shaheen, i can feel for you.... i have also come to sydney in december with m\y husband and feel so lonely. he is doing a job while i stay home all day and do nothing except for applying for jobs. so we can meet up if you want? waiting for your response. Cheers :)

Hi Imshaheen,

let's meet up! Where abouts do you live? CBD is ok for you? Would be great to meet someone in a similar situation. I'm also applying for some jobs, so we can help each other too :)

There's a group of us meeting 15th march we meet every couple months from all over, usually at opera bar. If you interested let me know and I check time and def venue. I've been here 16 months came alone and there's plenty of people to connect with depending on what you like to do and willing to try! Let me know if you fancy the catch up! Marion

There's a group of us meeting 15th march we meet every couple months from all over, usually at opera bar. If you interested let me know and I check time and def venue. I've been here 16 months came alone and there's plenty of people to connect with depending on what you like to do and willing to try! Let me know if you fancy the catch up! Marion

Wow !!! Its really nice to know that you guys regularly meet in this way....

I started to count my days from now to join with you guys...

Me and my wife are planning to come back to Sydney in Dec'14 permanently...

Yes you are right.. "there's plenty of people to connect with depending on what you like to do and willing to try!"

But sometimes I think it also depends on whether other people is also liking/accepting me or not...

its a mutual game....

Hi Blackmagic!

sorry for the late reply. And thank you for your post. I totally understand your point, but little by little it is possible to meet new people, even the hardest bit may be not having a job.

I don't know what the 190 visa is about, but if you guys decide to come back just email me and hopefully we can share that coffee or bbq :)

Thank you very much for the reply.....

I like to explorer new places and to cook dishes.... I am an amateur photographer.. I like to capture the sweet moments in frames...

How about you?

Hope to meet you after we reach Sydney next time..

Wow !!! Its really nice to know that you guys regularly meet in this way....

I started to count my days from now to join with you guys...

Me and my wife are planning to come back to Sydney in Dec'14 permanently...

Yes you are right.. "there's plenty of people to connect with depending on what you like to do and willing to try!"

But sometimes I think it also depends on whether other people is also liking/accepting me or not...

its a mutual game....

I quite agree I don't have many people I see here outside work and this group of people we meet as a group although I'm sure there some who see each other outside and meet up. I'm in no way the expert to find people and sometimes it can be worse to meet up with people because they are from the home country when you might not have liked them under different circumstances! Good luck with the move and maybe a catch up when you are both over

Yes, please! If you could email me when you guys will next meet up would be more than amazing! Or if you wanna meet up any day would be nice too. :) My husband works full time and I'm at home ATM, so time is not an issue :)

thank you for your post!

Carla

Thank you very much for the reply.....

I like to explorer new places and to cook dishes.... I am an amateur photographer.. I like to capture the sweet moments in frames...

How about you?

Hope to meet you after we reach Sydney next time..

Sure thing! Will be nice to meet you and your wife when you get here.

My husband and I like photography too. I love analog photography which I haven't done in a long time :/ but the main thing is to enjoy just that click when a pic is taken. We like exploring, travelling, going to different places. We cook ok, but none of us would win in masterchef :o We are not party animals, but do like to have a good time with friends and family. And we miss all the musicals, theatres, concerts, museums and galleries in London! :)

keep in touch!

Carla

Archived