190 visa help please

dingo34

Hi guys. Im new here so I hope I don't make a nuisance of myself.

I am interested in applying for the 190 visa with State sponsorship. I have all the relevant points and think that i stand a fairly good chance. My question is: is there any reading material that i can page through that will give me an easy reference to the entire visa process? I have been on forums and checked websites but it all gets a bit confusing.

Thanks in advance.

thanks Alnaibii

I had a look through the info you provided but still really confusing. A friend who has been through this process told me I should read a book called The Road To OZ. I only found this http://theroadtooz.com have you read it?

If you want to do the application yourself you are going to have to do some reading and I can't think of anything better to read than the official immigration booklets.

The process is daunting at first but if you break it down and tackle one step at a time it is not so bad. I would recommend the following breakdown:

Establish if you meet basic criteria: is your occupation on the SOL or CSOL, is it on a state sponsorship list if you need sponsorship, can you pass a points test, can you pass the skills assessment for your occupation. Also consider whether you have any medical or character issues that could cause problems at this stage.

IELTS: most people need to take IELTS to get points for the points test, so book and take a test.

Skills assessment: apply for your skills assessment

EOI: lodge your EOI with immigration.

State sponsorship: pursue this if you need it, I wouldn't bother if you don't.

Visa: apply for the visa when invited to do so.

Medicals / police checks: provide these when you receive an email asking for them

Thanks for the help Rupert. I was going to try it solo but think an agent would be a good idea. I'm not one for paperwork and might get overwhelmed if I try it myself.

nickynook: not trying to sell anything. Just trying to make this process as simple as can be. I haven't read this other book but someone told me to read it, just wanted to know if someone else has read it. Sorry if it came across spammy.