Nice walk in Sydney.

pob

Bondi beach, Southern end near the Icebergs club and pool is a beach path that goes along the cliffs. It's where they have the sculpture by the sea but is usually quite enough for a nice walk when that's not on. Goes round to Tamarama and further if you're feeling fit.

I can recommend the Icebergs club after for a few beers and food. Not the posh restaurant on top but the club down the stairs. Fantastic views along Bondi from the very nice balcony. Mrs Pob will be impressed.

We are not far from Meadowbank.

So I would like to go somewhere else.

Peace and quiet, let the dog run off the lead, so no cars or anything.

There is a nice walk around the peninsula of Lane Cove golf course. There is a dog park at the bottom of the hill and dogs are doing the walk off lead all the way around.

Just found out that dogs are not allowed on public transport.

Well they can go on buses but have to be caged up.

Don't want to take the chance of going somewhere having some fun and then finding out that we cannot get back. A walk back from the Blue mountains is a along way!

Oh well, walk around the park it is. (again)

This arvo, about five, I went out in my car, not really sure where I wanted to go. Anyway, I went south on Crown St, and eventually crossed the Sydney Harbour Bridge, turning first left at Kirribilli/Milsons Point, and then immediately right, crossed Blues Point Road, under the railway line, and parked by Waverton Bowling Club.

I walked down some steps, past a rather odd looking house, which was being renovated, odd because there were 'chooks' running around, something I don't see often in Sydney. I ended up in a park down by the water and then climbed the stairs on the other side and ended up in the old BP depot, now a park. I walked as far as the entrance to Balls Head, then walked back to my car, then returned to Balls Head parking by The Coal Loader, had a look at the community centre there, then walked through the tunnel under the Coal Loader (a bit scary too) and did the circular walk around Balls Head. There are marvellous views over Sydney Harbour, the Bridge, Opera House, City, and dogs are OK as long as they on a lead. You can walk there easily from the station at Waverton (and possibly Wollestonecraft?) Come to think of it, you could walk from Milsons Point I think.

I've been to Balls Head before, but not the BP depot park, nor the Coal Loader. I saw a poster advertising an outdoor performance of 'As You Like It' in the Coal Loader centre. I might go and see a performance if I can pick a night when it's warm.

Archived