advice saught - providing copies of documents

heids

Hello all

I was wondering if anybody could help us, we are on the finishing leg to sending off our visa application and now starting to worry about the amount of evidence we have provided to go along with our application.

We are applying for a defacto visa and have to provide evidence that our relationship is genuine. We have loads and loads of info including joint bank a/cs and credit card statements, but we have at present only included a sample of these over the years that we have had them.

For example we have only provided 4 statements from our joint bank a/c which we have had for the last 2 years, 1 when we opened the acount, 2 from various months in the middle and 1 recent statement.

Our question is, does anybody know if this is enough info or should we provide at least 1 whole year of statements or every statement that we have?

We have to show that we have been together for at least a year (we have a house so that isn't a problem) and provide as much info that we can to show that we are genuine - we have been together for 7 years and lived together for 6. We were hoping somebody may be able to help as don't want to send off the application and have it refused just cause we didn't include all statements, however we didn't want to include every statement as the parcel is so big and thought they would be able to get the gist by providing a sample of statements with a covering letter saying that is what we have provided.

We would love to hear anybodys thoughts on this or what anybody has done themselves? - Please help!!!

Heidi & Carl

2 very drained, worn out, and worried hopefulls

HELLO HEIDI

I THINK MORE THE BETTER. ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND SUPPLIED PHOTOS ON DISC TOGETHER ABROAD AND AT VARIOUS WEDDINGS, ALSO WITH FRIENDS.

VISA, STAMPS IN OUR PASSPORTS. AND WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE. WE MAY HAVE BEEN OVER THE TOP BUT IT WAS NO HASSLE.

WE HAVE A GOOD AGENT (GO MATILDA) AND THIS WAS BASED ON INFO FROM THEM.

GOOD LUCK

JOHN

Hi John

Thanks for your advice

We have also provided plenty of photos and items like yourself of us together and got statements from friends etc. But we just didn't know how many statements to provide on our joint bank account and credit card as we have had them for some time and didn't know if it was necessary to provide every month over the past few years or provide a selection to show that we have had them over the last few years?

Thanks again for your advice, we are doing it on our own so it is nice to know that we are on the right lines!!

All the best

Heidi & Carl

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Heidi and Carl

The more you provide th ebetter. Also it is important to have the statements in the correct forma nd to be consistent not only with the information you provide but also with each other.

When you have assembled the information, lay it all out ( a big table is sometime s the best) and see if it is consistant and it tells the story of your relationship. Its not only about the amount of information its the content consistently supporting your story.

best wishes

Phil

MARA number

Hi Phil

Thanks for your reply and advice. We had another good old look at it last night and we have included everything we could possibly think of that we have done together, plus all our financial side showing joint items and also transfers between us before we had joint accounts etc. Plus statements, cards, anything to do with both of us and how we live and how we are together etc etc etc, plus all the other stuff we have to provide.

We are going to provide all our bank statements since we have had our joint account just to be on the safe side - can't send too much info I spose! So I think we are near posting it all off and then just hoping and waiting! We will also be going through it all again just before we post it just to make sure!! - I think I'm just panicing now that we are near sending it off that we have provided enough - Carl keeps trying to reasure me that we have, just think it is me!

Thanks for you advice

Heidi

Archived