Japanese tourist visa for Australian PR Holder

Karma Nev

Hey guys,

back to this forum again and feels great.........! I am planning for a week's holiday to Tokyo in April. I require a tourist visa to enter Japan and am prepared to get one.

How easy or difficult would it be to acquire a Tourist visa for a family of 3 to Japan for a Australian permanent resident? Has anyone been in my shoes before? How much cash would they need to see in the bank? Do they accept credit card (funds available) balance?

Do they generally interview you or is it just the docs they need to see? I tried calling the consulate's office in Sydney and the person i spoke to wasn't that helpful. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Its easy just use a travel agent they will do it for you. Or use Toll Visas direct https://visasdirect.com.au/ ... Im a travel agent and we issue Visas all day long.

Dear Kimsdu,

Thank you for your info. I actually am neither a British citizen or Australian Citizen. I reside permanently in Australia and the passport i hold must get a visa before departure. Would i still be able to use a travel agent or must i do it in person? What docs do they generally need apart from the regular ones listed in their website...! Would they accept credit card funds? how much would i need in cash for 2 adults and an infant for a stay of 1 week.

I also have my sister and brother in law working in Japan and i will be staying with them, so no HOTEL COSTS. My bro-in law will be sending me the letter of guarantee.

Dear Kimsdu,

Thank you for your info. I actually am neither a British citizen or Australian Citizen. I reside permanently in Australia and the passport i hold must get a visa before departure. Would i still be able to use a travel agent or must i do it in person? What docs do they generally need apart from the regular ones listed in their website...! Would they accept credit card funds? how much would i need in cash for 2 adults and an infant for a stay of 1 week.

I also have my sister and brother in law working in Japan and i will be staying with them, so no HOTEL COSTS. My bro-in law will be sending me the letter of guarantee.

Pretty sure you would have already read this, but in case you haven't, this link is useful:

http://www.sydney.au.emb-japan.go.jp/english/visa_info/from_not_listed_countries.htm

In addition to the documentation mentioned on that site, I would also include payslips for the last 3 months,salary certificate, an invitation letter from your relatives along with their passport,Japanese visa copies and payslips (if available). Wouldn't hurt to provide credit card statements for the last couple months. It's best to provide as much documentation as possible, so that the visa officer knows that you do have an incentive to return to Australia and that you're a genuine tourist.

Good luck!

Pretty sure you would have already read this, but in case you haven't, this link is useful:

http://www.sydney.au.emb-japan.go.jp/english/visa_info/from_not_listed_countries.htm

In addition to the documentation mentioned on that site, I would also include payslips for the last 3 months,salary certificate, an invitation letter from your relatives along with their passport,Japanese visa copies and payslips (if available). Wouldn't hurt to provide credit card statements for the last couple months. It's best to provide as much documentation as possible, so that the visa officer knows that you do have an incentive to return to Australia and that you're a genuine tourist.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Does anyone know how to get to Kawasaki from Tokyo Narita International airport. I have a kid under 2 year old and don't want to change buses and trains if possible. I tried looking for Limousine bus from the airport to Kawasaki but no luck. Can anyone suggest what is the best and the easiest route?

Hey guys,

back to this forum again and feels great.........! I am planning for a week's holiday to Tokyo in April. I require a tourist visa to enter Japan and am prepared to get one.

How easy or difficult would it be to acquire a Tourist visa for a family of 3 to Japan for a Australian permanent resident? Has anyone been in my shoes before? How much cash would they need to see in the bank? Do they accept credit card (funds available) balance?

Do they generally interview you or is it just the docs they need to see? I tried calling the consulate's office in Sydney and the person i spoke to wasn't that helpful. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Australian permanent resident is irrelevant.

How easy it is to get into Japan depends on your passport. We have British passports, we just rocked up, no need to do anything in advance

Archived