Chances for skill staying on Schedule 2 of WA State migration plan whilst get a skills assesmen

burmtra

Does anyone know how to gage how long a skill may stay on the SMP Schedule 2 (released today); or is there any way to see the quota & current quota of spaces available for a given occupation on Schedule 2..?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know how to gage how long a skill may stay on the SMP Schedule 2 (released today); or is there any way to see the quota & current quota of spaces available for a given occupation on Schedule 2..?

Occupations on Schedule 2 have limited availability but I don't think there is a way of knowing how much availability. Schedule 2 occupations will only be accepted if you have an offer of employment. If you are able to secure employment you could always go down the Employer sponsorship route if the available spaces for state sponsorship has been used up, a word of warning though I must have emailed a million employers with no luck, a lot of offers of "once you're here give us a call" but no job offer. You will never know unless you try though. Best of luck

Guest guest30085
So you HAVE to have a job waiting for you on a 190 visa??

Cowling - only if your occupation is on schedule 2 (offlist occupation) you have to have a job offer under the current criteria

Guest guest30085
nightmare. Carpenter. schedule 2

just received practical skills success today and submitted my EOI only to find this out

Oh no, unfortunately the new WA list has affected a lot of people by the sounds of it.

I have no idea what will happen as without proof of a job offer then Im not sure how this will affect your EOI? Are you on any other state list? Hopefully someone else will be able to advise

You mentioned am I on any other state lists? do you mean have i sent a EOI to other states? I havent no, but if i did, and they invited me it would be a case of paying for 2 or more potential visa's??

And it says if accepted they will send a form and await reply in 28days. Does anyone know what this form will entail and if documents to send which ones??

When does the medical and police checks come into this?

and is their a time limit from when they potentially invite you to apply for your visa???

cowling, each state has their own list of occupations they will sponsor for 190 and 489 visas, so if your occupation is schedule 2 for Wa then there may be another state that has it on their full list, if you are open to moving to another state.

After lodging an EOI for 190 visa, after a few days the WA government contact you and ask you to apply for state nomination, this involves doing a little test on your knowledge of WA (easy and they give you websites to look at) and an application form, you lodge this and pay thestate nomination fee, $100 I think.A few days later they will contact you again if you are successful and offer you an invitation to apply for the actual 190 visa. after you lodge the 190 visa(pay the chunk of money) and upload all the documents you then have the wait for case officer and you can do medicals and police checks around then.

Not sure how it will work now your occupation is schedule 2, but you can lodge anotherEOI if you decide to go for another visa type or SS for another state.

Ok sweet. cheers for that.

I am hoping to get back to Perth as thats where family and friends are. Another state doesnt really appela to me :( I may manage the 189 if I have passed my IELTS at the THIRD attempt,but after not finishing the writing by 2words!!! I'm not expecting to. both times previously i have failed by 0.5 on my writing.its so annoying. top marks for all the rest (well near enough)

What documents do they ask for when applying for the visa??

Im not sure if its worth doing this state nomination form etc then would it??

I think if you have enough points for 189 then go that route, you can suspend or remove your current EOI and lodge one for 189. It takes a bit longer this way and invites only given out twice monthly but the benefit is it is more flexible.

Once you lodge visa application it shows you a list of documents you have to upload for each applicant(although some may not apply to you) things like passports, birth certificates, skills assessment, ielts, police character clearance, medicals/health, work experience evidence for the years you claim in your EOI, qualifications.

TRA was the pain in our arse! the occupation my hubby got visa for was removed as well today so we got it just in time! you probably need 3 or 4 payslips for each year you are claiming in EOI for work experience also any p60's any p45's, a few bank statements, employer letters with hours worked and start finish dates. If you are self employed then accountant letter, accounts, bank statements etc. Its not as bad as TRA and the good bit is if the case officer needs more info he will ask for it.

Have you taken professional advice?

It's only a job offer.. the employer isn't under any obligation to adhere to it just as much as you have no obligation to accept it.

It's alot simpler when you look at it that your not really asking them to swear in a job for you... it's just paperwork and i'm sure if you look around you will find an employer who will appreciate that. We didn't have any problems.

Roxy

Cowling - only if your occupation is on schedule 2 (offlist occupation) you have to have a job offer under the current criteria

Adonna,

I am from outside Australia. I have done my skill assessment from ACS under the ANZSCO 263111 ( Computer network and systems engineer ) few months ago. I found this occupation in this link http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx - Western Australia Migration site.

In the last column it is not mentioned as Schedule 2. In this case, do I need a job offer to get state sponsorship (subclass 190) or visa (subclass 190) ?

Adonna,

I am from outside Australia. I have done my skill assessment from ACS under the ANZSCO 263111 ( Computer network and systems engineer ) few months ago. I found this occupation in this link http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx - Western Australia Migration site.

In the last column it is not mentioned as Schedule 2. In this case, do I need a job offer to get state sponsorship (subclass 190) or visa (subclass 190) ?

Only Schedule 2 occupations require a job offer. So in your case no you do not need a job offer.

Adonna,

Only Schedule 2 occupations require a job offer. So in your case no you do not need a job offer.

Thanks pilotg2.

I also sent the same query to Skilled Migration WA and got the below reply.

"""""

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your email.

Schedule 2 occupations listed on the 2013-2014 WASMOL will need to meet the Criteria for State Sponsorship 2012-2013 Off-List criteria including an offer of employment in WA.

See how to apply for State nomination for more information.

As part of the State nomination criteria, all Australian graduates and applicants living and working in an Australian state or territory other than Western Australia require a job offer.

The offer must be full time in your nominated or closely related occupation, in your nominated region and for a minimum of one year.

"""

It seems that now I can apply WA state sponsorship using the ANZSCO 263111 ( Computer network and systems engineer ) without any job offer.

Archived