From the mouths of babes

Having my usual peek at PIO over breakfast and my 10 yr old is watching. So I says, 'I know it seems strange going on a forum for people moving to Australia but it's for people who moved back from Australia too' and he says 'it doesn't seem strange at all and if there are people who are planning to move you can warn them about what its going to be like'!

Having my usual peek at PIO over breakfast and my 10 yr old is watching. So I says, 'I know it seems strange going on a forum for people moving to Australia but it's for people who moved back from Australia too' and he says 'it doesn't seem strange at all and if there are people who are planning to move you can warn them about what its going to be like'!

a great observation but I'm not sure you can warn 'em what it's like! Not for want of trying but the rose tinted brigade can be pretty hard to influence, particularly once charged up on a good dose of 'wanted down under'!

So many deluded people out there!I get asked alot what the hell am I doing back in the UK?When I tell them the positives,people are genuinely amazed!Its like half the population have blinkers on!:laugh:For those who have watched every episode of WDU,if I tell them factually what its like,they become annoyed and upset.Its like I have smashed their idea that "OMG there is actually no utopia out there,we're all doomed"lol

• 3 weeks later...

Archived