Trying to find safe locations on goldcoast and tweed.

surfandsea

Just searching the net for nice locations to raise a family and have a nice crimefree life.

But the more i read it doesnt seem possable. Gangs,bashings,drugs.

Wheres nice guys?????

Rather than starting by looking at crime free areas, start by looking at where the main wage earner is going to be working. Then draw a circle around all the commutable areas, then research schools house prices and crime!

There are plenty of nice places just off the main drag where there is a lot less crime and a little more sheltered for kids, Just a few ,off the top of my head would be - Currumbin Valley, Mudgeeraba, Gaven, Tallai, Mt Warren, Maudsland, Guanaba, Jacobs Well, Pimpama.

Cal x

We considered living on the Gold Coast before settling for the sunshine coast as our family have grown up now, however some places that we quite liked were Burleigh Heads and Coolangatta by the coast and if you're considering Tweed Heads I would head further inland to Terranora. At the time I hadn't heard good things about Tweed Heads itself but that may have changed now, I don't know. With a family I would avoid the main strip or anywhere down to Broadbeach, I heard Robina shopping centre even had a shooting not so long ago.

Archived