Activating Visa for First Time

Daveymb

I read this on another post, apparently to get through customs a bit quicker, bring something you need to declare that you know they allow such as Marmite and go through the goods to declare queue. We didn't and sailed through customs with 6 suitcases, hand luggage, a four yr old and a; by that point psychotic 2 yr old. (I think it was the that latter that sold the deal!)

Someone told me that if your already in oz when pr granted..u need to leave the country n come back in to activate it..is that true??? Sounds crazy and I don't want to have to do that really

What visa are you applying for?

Guest GeorgeD
There are two lines. One for Australian passport holders and one for all the rest.

As you don't have Australian passports, you will be with all the rest.

The Australian Passport holder line is actually for Australian Pasport holders and their families...probably not relevant to the OP...but if one of your family has an Oz passport (common in he case of Spouse Visa applicants) then you can all go through that channel as long as one of your family group travelling is Australian.

you can all go through that channel as long as one of your family group travelling is Australian.

I didn't know this when I went to Sydney with my partner (who is an Oz passport holder) - we both queued for ages in the 'other' queue! You never want to put a foot wrong when it comes to Passports and Customs. The nice lady on the counter though told us this time saving tip, so it's been memorized for future use!

Archived