GSM Team 4 Adelaide

kbounds

• 5 weeks later...

Visa lodged 8/10/2013 ( Joint Application

CO Allocated- 12/11/2013

Additional Documents request- Birth Certificate, De-facto Certficate, Form 80 and work experiance employment documents

Documents sent- 13/11/2013 ( Medicals, PCC all done a long ago).

Anyone, in the same boat? or know whether it will take longer for them to grant the visa.

Also, for work experiance- i have sent experiance letter, original contracts, payslips and ATO documents. Is it sufficient enough? as i am claiming 5 points.

Thanks guys,

• 2 weeks later...

Visa lodged in June and CO allocated in July about 5 weeks wait. 190 visa for WA, from the UK.

I work overseas so could not complete medicals and police checks until September, I provided 3 police checks from 3 different countries in total, I was only asked for 2 but I knew I needed 3.

Last month I was asked for work history dating from 1990 - 2004. What some initials meant in one of my employers names and a copy of my old passport. If I had not of provided the 3rd police check I know I would have been asked for it by now. That would have involved travelling to SE Asia to complete.

My agent asked CO to confirm if all medicals were cleared in October. All we received was an ignorant reply stating that I should be patient and that the visa approval could take at least 14 months from this time. Strange, as it says 190 visas will take a maximum of 6 months to process on the DIAC website. The CO did not even answer the question that was asked.

I have been waiting over 5 months since my visa submittal and 4 months since receiving CO. The CO has not answered the one question I had asked in all of this time and I have submitted everything requested of me.

Hi Blossom, I am from the UK and applying for a 190, State Sponsored, visa through Skillselect.

To explain a little more: I have been working overseas for the last 5 years and spent a couple of years holidaying in SE Asia in the last 10 years, hence the 3 police checks. In total I needed 4 but one country can not provide one unless I actually go that country. Iraq is not a country I would like to visit without having military support.

Low and high risk countries only appear to be determined by whether or not the country issues ETA (Electronic Travel Authority), passports and not where I have worked or visited. While I appreciate I have worked in some, shall we say, dubious countries and understand a delay for investigating this, a minimum 14 month timeframe seems unreasonable.

Here is a link that some people may find handy, regarding visa processing timeframes. http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm#a

While some people may have visas processed quicker it is not guaranteed that everybody else will be afforded the same luxury. However, as you will see from the link above, it states 6 months processing time for a 190 visa, although I agree it could be a guideline. For a CO to state that it will take "at least 14 months" from October appears to be a rather obnoxious statement to make. It shows no understanding of DIAC guidelines or consideration to the visa applicant.

Please don't take this reply the wrong way Blossom, I am not trying to argue with yourself. I am just extremely annoyed that a CO, with a responsibility to the applicants, can be so ignorant and unhelpful. The CO has not even answered a simple question of whether or not our medicals have been cleared. Trust me, I am restraining myself a lot and not writing what I would really like to say here as I do not want to offend anybody. Hopefully everybody else here has a better experience with T4 than what I am having.

Hi Guys!

I've recently been assigned a case officer from the Adelaide Team 4 too...At the same time I was sent a request for documents. I submitted most of the certified documents that were required when I filled in the application form however the medicals and PCC were outstanding as far as I was aware. I arranged for my medical at the beginning of December and the results were submitted on 4th December.

The request for documents I received was:

Evidence of Character

Overseas Police Clearance

Australian Fed Police Clearance

Form 80

Evidence of Health

Thought it was a little strange that they were still requesting evidence of health when my medicals were complete?! Anyone else had this issue?

I emailed the Case Office with my query but have not had a response and after alot of people experiences on here I am assuming I wont get one very soon either so I am trying to figure out what to do in the meantime.

Does anyone know the difference between "Evidence of Character" and "Overseas Police Clearance"??

A bit of history to give light on my situation...Born in the UK, lived here my whole life, british citizen, the only time I have lived out of the UK is when I was on a work and travel visa for Australia however I was not there for the full 12 months so again not sure why they are requesting the 3 document from me...:S

From what I have read, the only evidence of character I need to submit should be a UK Police clearance because I've not stayed in any other country for longer than 12 months....

Please could anyone shed some light on what they are requesting so that I can try sort it out as soon as possible as I've only been given 28 days to provide all this documentation :(

Any help is appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Well, almost 8 months since my visa application I am still waiting.

Annoying, frustrating and depressing doesn't even start to explain it. I have had no correspondance from the CO since October at which time I answered all the questions asked and provided the requested documents. It's like a form of torture just being left dangling like this. I, like everybody else, have so many plans and arrangements to make but simply can not make any of them. I have watched as my planned, hoped for, visa approval dates came and went with absolutely no information at all. I hope everybody else going through migration has a far better experience than I am having. :sad:

John.

Archived