95k dilemma

gazza

hi all

we have just sold our house and was wondering what to do with the 95k profit? we should get our TRA result next week, while were waiting for our visa to be granted would it be a good idea to buy land to build on when we are out there? we are only considering this because of all the talk on house prices rising so quickley in perth.

is this a good idea?

is there a better idea?

or is it just crazy, not to mention not possible.

any ideas or input much appreciated

cheers

Guest stuckinblighty

I have a cunning plan.Transfer the money to my account where i can pop over to Perth and buy you a lovely piece of real estate.I'm as honest as the day is long.....just ask my probation officer :lol:

regards,Lee

I guess the problem with buying land is you may be tempted to buy the first bit you see, then find that you don't really like the area etc., Why not put it in a high interest account - then you'll be making a bit more on it?

Lee ... you're comment made me smile ... nice way to start a grey and dull morning Ta :lol:

Ali

Guest stuckinblighty
I guess the problem with buying land is you may be tempted to buy the first bit you see, then find that you don't really like the area etc., Why not put it in a high interest account - then you'll be making a bit more on it?

Lee ... you're comment made me smile ... nice way to start a grey and dull morning Ta :lol:

Ali

"grey and dull morning" ......british summertime ... don't you just love it :roll:

regards,Lee

not quite sure what response i was expecting, we'll most likely stick it in the bank or give it to lee, only his probation officer said he would only waste it on beer and good living, but i thought thats what ill do with it, hense using it to by land/house asap, so by the time our visa comes threw we would be sitting on land or property worth more than we paid for it, or is the housing boom in perth exagerated. just curious really and bored, thats what i like about this site, just chuck any question in and see what you get back, you never know, we might be in a prime position to make a good investment only we dont know, hense my original question. ps if none of this makes sense blame it on friday night half cut in wet norfolk.

cheers :lol:

Guest THE JONEZYS

Well I'm reading this friday night 1/2 cut in Essex un et muks pofik sarnce :!: :!: :!:

ONLY JOKING :lol:

Lesley

hi lesley

well pissed now, do you not fond that in life when you want to do something good ffor yourself and your family how frustratng it is that you have to wait so long to grt it, if only i was from poland or wherever trying to get into england, all i would have to do is run through a tunnel and get everthing handed on a plate for me. i think oz is get it sorted by only letting in people that they need and for that i thick oz will always be a place that people will want to live in and i will be devasted if they want let me bring my family to oz, the thought of living the rest of my life in uk is so depressinf and ................................s**t. FACT uk is beyond repair and will soon be a country thay third world peoplke will avoid like the plage god help anyone that stays. sorry if this is bit heavy, its only the drink talking

cheers aLL :lol:

Guest THE JONEZYS

Well its saturday morning now and i'm stone cold sober but I totally agree with what you have said. The scariest thought of all is if my boys have to carry on living in this country.

Our eldest is 19 and when we first came back from our holiday in OZ and said we wanted to apply, he wasn't happy so much so that he moved out :!: 6 months down the line he is working for my husband as an apprentice brickie and being on a building site has made him see all that is wrong with this country. As we are so close to London thats where they mainly work, alongside a lot of immigrant workers, which is fine just the usuall building site banter :lol: but these sites get raided every week with all the illegals rounded up and taken away, only to reurn a few days later with a new name and new ID and whats worse is they get their jobs back.... because they're cheap. What hope is there.

I don't want to get into a rant about immigration on here, as, after all, I hope to be an immigrant myself ASAP and at the end of the day we are off to OZ for the same reasons they are coming here.......a better way of life for myself and my family, the frustrating thing is the whole process has been long, frustrating and pretty expensive, unlike the "run through a tunnel" route many of our "locals" take to get into this country.

So getting back to my son, he now cant wait to get out there, although he can only come on a working visa at first, unless any of you brickies in Melbourne are looking at taking on a very hard working and knowledgeable apprentice :idea: which is another type of visa we have been looking into but not got too much info on that one as yet. On top of all that, he has swallowed his pride and just asked if he can move back home, which has given him a lot of grief from co workers on the building site but has made his mum very happy :D

But getting back to your point Gazza, whatever we have to go through, however frustrating and stressfull, it will most definatley be worth it in the end.

Hope your heads ok this morning, do you know I was thinking last night, after opening the second bottle, do you think they make this process sooooooo stressfull because it helps increase the sale of Aussie winein this country :idea: well it does at my CO OP anyway :wink:

CHEERS, LESLEY

Guest Nelson
hi lesley

well pissed now, do you not fond that in life when you want to do something good ffor yourself and your family how frustratng it is that you have to wait so long to grt it, if only i was from poland or wherever trying to get into england, all i would have to do is run through a tunnel and get everthing handed on a plate for me. i think oz is get it sorted by only letting in people that they need and for that i thick oz will always be a place that people will want to live in and i will be devasted if they want let me bring my family to oz, the thought of living the rest of my life in uk is so depressinf and ................................s**t. FACT uk is beyond repair and will soon be a country thay third world peoplke will avoid like the plage god help anyone that stays. sorry if this is bit heavy, its only the drink talking

cheers aLL :lol:

I take it you generalise and use the Polish to describe any one from any Eastern Bloc country. What you may be overlooking here is that, when YOU arrive in Australia, YOU will euphemistically be 'from Poland or wherever'. I hope you open your mind sufficiently before you get to Oz to withstand the remarks that YOU may be in for from the Australians. These people coming to Britain are no different from you or I. They just want a better life for themselves and their families.

Guest Nelson

Oh, and by the way, the original thread of what to do with £95K... believe me, by the time you get to Oz it will have shrunk considerably! If you are only at TRA stage, the financial haemorrage has yet to begin :!:

Guest THE JONEZYS

"I don't want to get into a rant about immigration on here, as, after all, I hope to be an immigrant myself ASAP and at the end of the day we are off to OZ for the same reasons they are coming here.......a better way of life for myself and my family".

Krista, that is pretty much what I was trying to say, sorry if I caused any offence as none was intended.

LESLEY

i didnt mean to offend anyone either, and i am well aware that they are trying to improve their lives as i am, i just get annoyed at how easy it is for them to come into this country. and the fact that it cost us tax payers a lot of money.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gazza

Not sure what to do with money once your out there. I would recommend while your still hear for you to put most of your money in premium bonds. Its easy no risk and with that much money your more than likely to have a few winners and the possablity of winning a life changing amount of money. Its got to be better than the highest interest accounts that about now.

Good luck

John

Archived