Applying for jobs

nikci

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question and I am sorry if this question has already been asked but haven't been able to find the answer. Most recruitment agencies say they will not consider application until you have a visa yet I have read that others on this site have sent CV's etc for jobs. My question is who are the applications/cv's being sent to and are you just ignoring the visa requirement - thanks for your help!

Nikci

Hi our experience was that I'm a nurse and googles hospitals in WA, we had a fair idea where we wanted to live (I didn't want a massive commute), I then emailed off an expression of interest letter with my CV, told them I had applied for a visa. I had a telephone interview and they offerred me a post pending my getting my visa - they emailed me an application form to fill in (after the interview lol).

Hubby applied for jobs on Seek.com, but again had to say he was waiting for visa confirmation. A company contacted him and said that they needed someone to start right away, but they liked his CV and would keep it on file. A few months later - they contacted him and asked where the visa was upto (we'd got it by then), they set up a telephone interview and offerred him a job.

I don't think you've got anything to lose contacting companies with your CV - you may get lucky like my hubby did.

Ali

Guest Frenchy79

I am actually coming to Oz to work for a recruitment agency as this is what I do in the UK. They do state that Visas are needed, however I approached firms I knew and have received a job offer I wanted and they are sponsoring me. I always say, even as a recruiter, firms are more impressed if you approach them directly and get it sorted yourself (sshhhh don't tell my directors that!)

Hi

Thanks for the info will get my OH working on approaching businesses etc. Just one more thing to keep us busy while waiting for that case officer which will still be ages for us. DIAC said they were allocated c/o for the 29 Oct at the moment so as we only lodge last week think we might be here some time yet! Oh well such is life!

Thanks again,

Nikci

Guest Shenanigans

Hi,

I think it depends on your job skill as to how easy a recruitment agency will find a role for you with sponsorship.

I was approached by a large international recruitment agency back in Dec who wanted me to fly to Sydney and they would organise sponsorship, if need be they the agency would sponsor me. I did'nt think much of it as I am always on the cautious side when it come to recruitment agencies. To make along story short this agency kept calling me and had sent my c/v to a number of their clients who would like to interview me. I fly to Sydney in a couple of months and fingers crossed will obtain a visa. Seek.au is also a good site to look for work as alot of agencies advertise there. If you work in Financial accounting or banking send me a PM and I will give you the contact details of this agency. They have offices all over OZ and I have used them here in London and they have a good reputation.

Guest Frenchy79

Some agencies are good and reputable, some are not to be honest. thankfully I have not worked at or will work at the dodgy ones, and I know a few here in the UK!!!

Hi

thanks for all the info am really grateful. OH is IT geek so will defo check out the website you mention. have given OH marching orders ( tee hee) so with any luck he will get onto it shortly. dont need sponsorship as have sponsorship from my aunt already so hoping that may help with any applications made.

thanks again for all your help we are very grateful

Nikci

Archived