What brand of paint do you have in Oz?

Guest jenny4nails

Guest jenny4nails

I know this might sound like a barmy question, but can anyone tell me if there is Dulux & Crown paint in Australia?

The only reason I'm asking is I've just decorated a room here in the UK and I LOVE it!!!!

It's a Dulux make....I love it that much that if they don't have Dulux or Crown paint in Oz (we're moving to QLD) then I'm going to put a couple of tins in our container and get it shipped over with the rest of our stuff!! ha ha. It matches my furniture beautifully :yes:

Hope you can help

Jenny x x x x x

Guest Pinhead
I know this might sound like a barmy question, but can anyone tell me if there is Dulux & Crown paint in Australia?

The only reason I'm asking is I've just decorated a room here in the UK and I LOVE it!!!!

It's a Dulux make....I love it that much that if they don't have Dulux or Crown paint in Oz (we're moving to QLD) then I'm going to put a couple of tins in our container and get it shipped over with the rest of our stuff!! ha ha. It matches my furniture beautifully :yes:

Hope you can help

Jenny x x x x x

They definitely have Dulux in Oz can't remember whether they Crown as well.

I think you'd have a problem shipping gloss paint as it's flammable.

Guest jenny4nails

Thanks for that.

It's emulsion...but if they have Dulux in Oz...that's brill, no need to ship it over! ha ha.

Jenny

Guest cookycat

hi there,

yes we have dulux and crown over in oz! bring a colour swatch or the name to one of the paint stores and they can match no probs

Compared to the UK i thought paint was expensive over here.They have lots of different brands the main including Britsh paints(which was rubbish)bunnings home brand(again rubbish) and dulux(good but not cheap)and wattyl(not too bad),,hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest BullcreekBob

They sell paint here called Dulux but it is not the same paint as what is sold as Dulux in the UK.

The Dulux paint in Aus is made in Aus to Aus specifications for an Aus climate. In case you haven't noticed, Australia is a different country to the UK. If you are unable to live without your UK things and want everything to be the same, why the hell are you thinking of migrating. It won't work. Stay in the UK.

If you want to migrate to a different country on the other side of the world, you will have to adapt. Things are different here, some better, some worse, some just different. If you are unable to adapt, save yourself the trouble and stay there.

I dont think its always a case of having the same things rather than knowing what to expect.We spent a fair few dollars on crap paint before (tightfistdly) realising you had to buy one of the expensive brands for it to 'go on' right.i sure as hell dont crave for anything from the uk anymore although it did take a fair few month to get out of the comparrison stage.Its only normal when sat in the uk waiting to start your new life that you ask what similar things are availble here i think its all part of the preperation we make.

Cal x

Guest BrisbaneReturners

okay.. hubby is a professional painter and has painted in queensland and in ireland where he runs a business. he told me to type this..

"i worked in the painting industry in oz in the early 90's and it was like going back in time to the 60s as far as paint technology is concerned. But now companies such as ICI (Dulux) and Wattyl are quickly introducing the same product ranges that we have in the UK and Europe into the australian market. so paints are starting to become almost standard all over the world. only difference between oz and uk paint is they use a lot more waterbased paints in oz for glossing timber work and doors the reason being that australians believe that becuase of the hotter climate oil drys out of oil based paints and causes it to yellow (which is a load of bull****). but i've noticed of late there is a lot more oil based paints coming online with dulux and you can now get gloss finish and egg shell finish in oil based paints which are a lot better for kids becuase they don't scuff as easily. Australia is a little bit behind with regards to paint technology with the rest of the world but they are catching up fast"

... oh.. had to stop him... hands getting sore! lol!

Guest jenny4nails
They sell paint here called Dulux but it is not the same paint as what is sold as Dulux in the UK.

The Dulux paint in Aus is made in Aus to Aus specifications for an Aus climate. In case you haven't noticed, Australia is a different country to the UK. If you are unable to live without your UK things and want everything to be the same, why the hell are you thinking of migrating. It won't work. Stay in the UK.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for your reply Brisbane Returners, as you can see by this quote, not all replies are constructive...they are even down-right 'pom-bashing' in our opinion, but at least it gives you a laugh when you read them! :twitcy: Like my hubby said 'we're talking about 5litres of emulsion...what's all that about not being able to live without EVERYTHING being the same as the UK once we get to Oz??!!' - get things in persepctive! ha ha.

My dad is a professional painter and decorator and I've learnt from him that you are better to paint things with good quality paint like ICI (Dulux) or Crown than waste your money on poorer quality paints.....buy cheap...buy twice! ha ha.

The quote above made no sense really...all about paints being made to Aus. specifications for Aus. homes etc. when like you say, paints in the UK like Dulux are well ahead of the game and most of their paints (if not all) have colour stabilisers in them and have other properties that make them a firm favourite of ours...which was my reason for starting the thread in the first place.

It's fab to get a reply from someone who knows what they are talking about...you don't get much better than a professional painter that worked in Australia. Thanks again Brisbane returners for your help.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for your reply Brisbane Returners, as you can see by this quote, not all replies are constructive...they are even down-right 'pom-bashing' in our opinion, but at least it gives you a laugh when you read them! :twitcy: Like my hubby said 'we're talking about 5litres of emulsion...what's all that about not being able to live without EVERYTHING being the same as the UK once we get to Oz??!!' - get things in persepctive! ha ha.

My dad is a professional painter and decorator and I've learnt from him that you are better to paint things with good quality paint like ICI (Dulux) or Crown than waste your money on poorer quality paints.....buy cheap...buy twice! ha ha.

The quote above made no sense really...all about paints being made to Aus. specifications for Aus. homes etc. when like you say, paints in the UK like Dulux are well ahead of the game and most of their paints (if not all) have colour stabilisers in them and have other properties that make them a firm favourite of ours...which was my reason for starting the thread in the first place.

It's fab to get a reply from someone who knows what they are talking about...you don't get much better than a professional painter that worked in Australia. Thanks again Brisbane returners for your help.

There's professional painters.................. and professional painters? When we built a new house on Golf Links Drive at Carramar.................. the builder's painter as per our written contract glossed all the doors, skirting boards and architraves, and painted the gutters, eaves, and down pipes.. We then got in a so called professional painter to do the rest of the house......... walls and ceilings and what have you........ and he definitely saw us coming. :no:

Shoddy workmanship to say the least................ shoddy quality of paint too. Had to get it all re-done 6 months later because it was as if it had never been done in the first place. Unsure as to what brand the paint was................. more than likely it was Luigi's name brand from WA Salvage? The 2nd professional painter was top notch; he did the job properly and the paint he used was Solver. We've used Solver ourselves on our other houses since then and it really is top quality.

Have you got Solver paint in the UK?

Guest BrisbaneReturners

There's professional painters.................. and professional painters? When we built a new house on Golf Links Drive at Carramar.................. the builder's painter as per our written contract glossed all the doors, skirting boards and architraves, and painted the gutters, eaves, and down pipes.. We then got in a so called professional painter to do the rest of the house......... walls and ceilings and what have you........ and he definitely saw us coming. :no:

Shoddy workmanship to say the least................ shoddy quality of paint too. Had to get it all re-done 6 months later because it was as if it had never been done in the first place. Unsure as to what brand the paint was................. more than likely it was Luigi's name brand from WA Salvage? The 2nd professional painter was top notch; he did the job properly and the paint he used was Solver. We've used Solver ourselves on our other houses since then and it really is top quality.

Have you got Solver paint in the UK?

are you moving to the UK?

we've a brand called Colour Trend in UK/Ireland it's almost twice the price of Crown or Dulux but it's acrylic based rather than vinyl based.

Guest jenny4nails

Thanks Bobcat, that's good to know I'll bear 'Solver' in mind when we finally get to Oz! I'm not a fan of painting as it is....so it's a must for me to decorate with a good quality paint.....perish the thought of having to decorate sooner than we'd need to just because of using a shoddy paint!

I've not seen solver over here in the UK.

Jenny

Archived