Newbie and starting the process...

Wen66

Hi:smile:

Visited Australia last year and totally fell in love with the country.

We are in the process of applying for a Skilled Nominated (sub level) 190 visa.

Hoping we can get our visa sometime in 2014. But it's such a slow process.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. x

Don't think there's anything anyone can do to help the waiting situation- but search the boards & you'll find others waiting for the same visa- good luck :)

Hi Freesia, thank you for your reply. Being new to forum, I couldn't find anything on the 190 until now.....found loads of relevant info:biggrin:. cheers wendy:smile:

Welcome to the forum, Wendy!

I'm fairly new here too and have found a load of really helpful information. Hope the site is as useful to you too!

Cx

Hi C,

Thanks for the welcome:biggrin:

Looks like we're going to need lots of advice, info and buckets of patience, as we're hitting a slight hitch with skills assessment at the mo ;(

Hi C,

Thanks for the welcome:biggrin:

Looks like we're going to need lots of advice, info and buckets of patience, as we're hitting a slight hitch with skills assessment at the mo ;(

Hi Wendy!

SO and I are applying for a 457 visa; from what I understand, there isn't much assessing compared to other types of visas.

I found it really helpful to search for 457 visas on this forum and get advice from people seeking the same

:)

Cx

But, a 457 visa is not emigrating. It is a temp stay and very chance you will be returning in 4 years. While the 457 can mean a candidate coming to Oz and working for 2 years with an employer in order to get around the skills assessment, there are huge risks. Not just the rules governing 457. But the risk that the occupation drops off the list before the 2 years is completed. I have seen this repeatedly.

Hi Wendy!

SO and I are applying for a 457 visa; from what I understand, there isn't much assessing compared to other types of visas.

I found it really helpful to search for 457 visas on this forum and get advice from people seeking the same

:)

Cx

But, a 457 visa is not emigrating. It is a temp stay and very chance you will be returning in 4 years. While the 457 can mean a candidate coming to Oz and working for 2 years with an employer in order to get around the skills assessment, there are huge risks. Not just the rules governing 457. But the risk that the occupation drops off the list before the 2 years is completed. I have seen this repeatedly.

Whilst what you say may be correct, I never said that we were emigrating. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Otherwise, thanks for your random, unsolicited advice.

Whilst what you say may be correct, I never said that we were emigrating. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Otherwise, thanks for your random, unsolicited advice.

Sorry it was not aimed at you or a dig in any way. It was aimed at cautioning the Op on going down a 457 route as they are considering a PR visa and therefore i assume they are looking at a permanent move. In which case it is important they understand that a 457 is a temp work permit and that is why it is quicker and easier to apply for. Depending on their hitch with the skills assessment, the prospect of doing two years on 457 to get around the skills assessment is not also necessarily a wise move as although the formal skills assessment is removed, you are required to establish your skills - employer references / CV etc.

Again sorry, and I should probably not have replied with your quote but as a separate post.

Hi:smile:

Visited Australia last year and totally fell in love with the country.

We are in the process of applying for a Skilled Nominated (sub level) 190 visa.

Hoping we can get our visa sometime in 2014. But it's such a slow process.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. x

Hi Wen66, we did the same thing, fell totally in love with the country !

Now trying to apply for jobs etc.

Good luck with your Visa process!

Sorry it was not aimed at you or a dig in any way. It was aimed at cautioning the Op on going down a 457 route as they are considering a PR visa and therefore i assume they are looking at a permanent move. In which case it is important they understand that a 457 is a temp work permit and that is why it is quicker and easier to apply for. Depending on their hitch with the skills assessment, the prospect of doing two years on 457 to get around the skills assessment is not also necessarily a wise move as although the formal skills assessment is removed, you are required to establish your skills - employer references / CV etc.

Again sorry, and I should probably not have replied with your quote but as a separate post.

I totally accept your apology and proffer mine. I came back to edit my comment to remove the snarkiness but you have since replied.

You're totally right in what you have said and make a valid point.

Sorry again for being Ms Grumpy-Chops :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Wen66, we did the same thing, fell totally in love with the country !

Now trying to apply for jobs etc.

Good luck with your Visa process!

Hi rink, how's your process going?

Got good news back from ACS, although, they spelt my hubby's surname wrong. Get that sorted asap and on to the next phase, EOI :-)x

Archived