Confusing VETASSESS Result

villainrage

Hi everyone.

I received a positive result for my VETASSESS skill assessment, but I am uncertain as to how much points I can claim for work experience.

I applied for assessment for about 5 years work experience. On the summary page however, this is what was written for the duration of employment:

"Based on the evidence provided, at least two years of employment is assessed as highly relevant to the nominated occupation and completed at an appropriate skill level in the five years before the date of applying for this Skills Assessment."

This is where it gets confusing, because on the other page where it mentions my Skilled employment, they assessed all 5 years of my employment and this is written:

"The following claims of skilled employment made by the applicant are assessed as employment of at least 40 hours per fortnight which is at an appropriate skill level and closely related to the nominated occupation."

So now I'm really confused how much points I can claim for my application. Will really appreciate if someone can shed some light on this.

Much thanks!

Hi, thanks for all the replies :D

@wrussell - I guess I will send VETASSESS an email directly just to be sure.

@pattern - That's odd tho because my nominated skill only requires three years of relevant employment and at least one year of highly relevant employment.

Anyone applied for skill assessment as financial investment adviser? any hint how they do the background check? Do they come to the office in person?

I am not sure about that, but in my case they did check my background. My supervisors as well as the HR of our company was contacted by VETASSESS to verify my info.

Archived