Dublin!

Guest Guest26012

Guest Guest26012

We're going to fly there when back in the uk! Who has been and can anyone recommend a nice B& B or Hotel in the centre within walking distance of nice bars/cafés. :biggrin:

Flagger i work with has just come back from a weekend in Dublin,said he was paying £5.50 a pint of Guinness,dont know if this was just the touristy bit,the Irish on here will know better,but yer best take a few bob if thats right me arl cow!hope yer enjoy it tho girl

Anywhere on Stephens Green......The Cliff Townhouse, Stephens Green Hotel

The Westin Dublin

La Stampa Hotel

Jurys Inn Christchurch.............a little further

all depending on price range

not sure on B&B in the area you might have to go further out to get a decent B&B

avoid Temple Bar area late at night, can get messy :-)............unless you like that:wideeyed:..............not a Dubliner.............enjoy the Trip

We're going to fly there when back in the uk! Who has been and can anyone recommend a nice B& B or Hotel in the centre within walking distance of nice bars/cafés. :biggrin:

Have been to Dublin once or twice....done the usual Temple bar routine....lots of Alcohol and good fun....some lovely narrow streets with cafes and bars and music venues etc....you also have the castle and the gardens that are nice (if weather is good).....If your thinking of traveling further a field I would recommend Cork, another great town and there are some lovely fishing villages along the south coast with great bars and entertainment...Kinsale & Bandon...you will have fun where ever you go.

Guest Guest26012
Flagger i work with has just come back from a weekend in Dublin,said he was paying £5.50 a pint of Guinness,dont know if this was just the touristy bit,the Irish on here will know better,but yer best take a few bob if thats right me arl cow!hope yer enjoy it tho girl

Malc says,same price as here then lol!

Malc says,same price as here then lol!

I was actually going to say its expensive but you'll be used to that lol. I've been once or twice but we only stopped for a hour while driving down further south. From what I saw it looked nice. Would like to go for a proper weekend break.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, good idea to fit it in while your over here

Guest Guest26012
I was actually going to say its expensive but you'll be used to that lol. I've been once or twice but we only stopped for a hour while driving down further south. From what I saw it looked nice. Would like to go for a proper weekend break.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, good idea to fit it in while your over here

Tbh Stacey, the prices don't bother us. As you say, we're used to it lol! Just going for a good time! I'll take lots of pics for when we get back!

Tbh Stacey, the prices don't bother us. As you say, we're used to it lol! Just going for a good time! I'll take lots of pics for when we get back!

Looking foward to seeing them! No point worrying too much about prices anyway on holiday, can't change them. Have you been to ireland before? We loved it. Maybe you'll be able to squeeze in a day trip further down aswell

Guest Guest26012
Looking foward to seeing them! No point worrying too much about prices anyway on holiday, can't change them. Have you been to ireland before? We loved it. Maybe you'll be able to squeeze in a day trip further down aswell

No, never been, either of us. Going Monday to Thursday so lots of time to visit other places if I can drag malc away from the Guinness lol!

Hiya Mad Cow, I know being from Dublin I should be able to help, but I have never had to worry about accommodation, always stay with relatives, The City is great so the closer you can get to O'Connell Street the better, great pubs everywhere, Stephen's Green near Trinity College, and you can even walk up by the River Liffey to the oldest pub in Dublin, I will try get a list of few places you must see and do, a list I may even use myself as all we seem to do is cater for all the families to make sure we see them all and it is draining although we love them all dearly lol xx

Guest Guest26012
Hiya Mad Cow, I know being from Dublin I should be able to help, but I have never had to worry about accommodation, always stay with relatives, The City is great so the closer you can get to O'Connell Street the better, great pubs everywhere, Stephen's Green near Trinity College, and you can even walk up by the River Liffey to the oldest pub in Dublin, I will try get a list of few places you must see and do, a list I may even use myself as all we seem to do is cater for all the families to make sure we see them all and it is draining although we love them all dearly lol xx

That would be great Hun! It's ok looking on the internet but would rather go to places recommended!

Guest Guest26012
We've stayed at the Arlington Hotel right on O'Connell bridge. Lovely hotel and great rooms. Plus it own bars were pretty good too.

The bus stop for the tourist bus is right outside the door, that takes you around most of the touristy things to do and you can hop on and off as you like.

http://www.arlington.ie/

That at looks lovely! Is it within walking distance to bars etc! The prices are amazing!

lol was just looking at a few hotels/B&B's in the city and hubby said The Arlington, his Sister was married there and had a few family functions, but he said it is a great spot to get to everything, if you get your Breakfast included with a good price an added bonus x

very close to Temple Bar....... 7 min walk according to Google Maps.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/preview#!data=!4m18!3m17!1m1!1sTemple+Bar%2C+Dublin%2C+Ireland!1m5!1sO'Connell+Bridge%2C+Dublin%2C+Ireland!2s0x48670e84e5c32bd3%3A0x710bebed7bc1eeed!3m2!3d53.347352!4d-6.259254!3m8!1m3!1d1923!2d-6.2596985!3d53.3479774!3m2!1i1366!2i620!4f13.1&fid=0

Couldn't fault the location to be honest... we always said it would be the only place to stay should we go to Dublin again.

Guest Guest26012

Just phoned them to make a booking but reservations are out at lunch PMSL! I'm phoning them back in half an hour! Works out at $90 a night for a twin room, breakfast included! Fab!

Looking more into it Debz is right, great location and good prices I think

The Brazen Head (oldest Irish pub) is about a 800mtr walk

Guinness Brewery about 2km or so walk

Trinity College (tour to see book of Kells) about 600mtr walk

and you are pretty much at O Connell street which everything runs off, Shopping and great pubs, if you miss Oz you can even go to the Woolshed Baa & Grill Aussie pub serving Aussie Beer lol xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Are you still meeting up with the Scarlet Pimpernel ? Lol.

Archived