190 Visa Label - Do I really need that?

Petar Petrovic

Dear all,

I am planning my visa activation trip to Australia from Europe. I booked Emirates flight (Europe...Dubai-Kuala Lumpur....Australia).

Do I need visa label in my passport / are the authorities in Dubai and KL aware of the fact that Australia does not require visa labels in this case?

Please share your experiences.

Thank you very much,

Petar.

I always strongly recommend having the label.

This electronic system is not infallible, we have three times had trouble at airports and have been very glad to have the label there, just gave them an extra push to sort it out. My OH is not in VEVO either. I have gone to immigration office to report the problems and they say everything is fine, but the OH is still not in VEVO and we had another checking in problem since. I don't see why Dubai would be an issue though, you won't be going through passport control there will you? Or checking in?

I would certainly get it before you move permanently as it comes in handy for all sorts of things from registering with Medicare to proving your status to estate agents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I travelled to the USA and Dubai for a period of 6 weeks in January 2014, whilst at the check-in counter in Texas I was questioned about the lack of a visa label on my passport. Fortunately I had a copy of the letter sent to me by the immigration when my PR was granted.

I agree with Petar, it can be risky and I am planning on getting a label in my passport in the coming week. This apparently costs AUD 70.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fees-charges/visa.aspx