Gcse or year 11 qld

barcud

I have a 12 & 14 yr old, the eldest in yr 10 & is just starting Gcses here in uk. Thinking of returning to oz to live, we are oz citizens. Just want clarification as to how important yr 11 is in qld, does she need to start in jan what happens if she starts later in year?(I know it will be a lot of wasted schoolwork.) When we moved here she was put back a year according to her birthday. So im pretty sure she would go into yr 11 in oz. If I don't move back now, I'll be in same situation with my youngest. What are my options?:wacko:

So my daughter will be 15 end november, is she going to be in year 10 or 11 in qld?

She'll be one of the last lot to go through under the old criteria so technically yr 11 in 2014 but IMHO she'd probably be better waiting to start yr 11 when she's 16 which will put her in the same time frame as all other states ie in 2015. http://www.faithlutheran.qld.edu.au/admissions/Documents/Guide%20for%20year%20of%20entry%20to%20College.pdf gives you the relative yr levels but you'll probably find many parents keeping their kids older for grade these days.

Archived