Australia 10th In World's UN Happiness Report 2013

flag of convenience

Australia came in a respectable tenth position in the 2013 World's Happiness Report. 156 nations were included in the survey.

Political Freedom, Strong social networks and an absence of corruption were all collective points of measurement.

On an individual basis, good health, job security and stable families rated strongly.

The happiest people tend to be from Northern Europe which has a sound social security system with African countries the lowest satisfaction levels.

The happiest people tend to be found in.....

1 Denmark

2 Norway

3 Switzerland

4 Netherlands

5 Sweden

6 Canada

7 Finland

8 Austria

9 Finland

10 AUSTRALIA

11 Israel

12 Costa Rica

13 New Zealand

14 UAE

15 Panama

16 France

17 USA

18 IRELAND

19 Luxembourg

20 Venezuela

UK came in at 22

Germany 26

Japan 43

Russia 68

China 93

I saw this and must say I am a little skeptical about the criteria they used to determine happiness. The countries in northern Europe have quite high suicide rate . Can`t quite believe that Germany ended up 26, while USA is # 17. Israel is a surprise as well - a country that is constantly involved in land disputes, attacks and threats to it`s existence ,really?

Australia came in a respectable tenth position in the 2013 World's Happiness Report. 156 nations were included in the survey.

Political Freedom, Strong social networks and an absence of corruption were all collective points of measurement.

On an individual basis, good health, job security and stable families rated strongly.

The happiest people tend to be from Northern Europe which has a sound social security system with African countries the lowest satisfaction levels.

The happiest people tend to be found in.....

1 Denmark

2 Norway

3 Switzerland

4 Netherlands

5 Sweden

6 Canada

7 Finland

8 Austria

9 Finland

10 AUSTRALIA

11 Israel

12 Costa Rica

13 New Zealand

14 UAE

15 Panama

16 France

17 USA

18 IRELAND

19 Luxembourg

20 Venezuela

UK came in at 22

Germany 26

Japan 43

Russia 68

China 93

Good to see europe dominating .....taking everything into account ,it does have the best quality of life .

Having just been to Germany , i can see why they are not higher ....all their money is being spent elsewhere

Good to see europe dominating .....taking everything into account ,it does have the best quality of life .

Having just been to Germany , i can see why they are not higher ....all their money is being spent elsewhere

Excellent, B61.thumbs.gif

That's the reason The Australian Labor Party was dumped...:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Czech Rep came in at 38 I think it was. Living in a beautiful city like Prague doesn't it appears make for increased happiness. I'd say the increased cost of living there has the biggest impact on well being.

That, plus our president is the laughing stock of Europe - justly I have to say :cry:. I love that place but the politics scene has a GIANT room for improvement. Not surprised at 38th place really.

Archived