Flying cat back to the UK

missmouse

Hey. Has anyone flown their cat or pet back to the UK from Australia, specifically Perth, and if so, did you use a pet service or organise it yourself? I feel awful for my cat (she's three), but the alternative is to re-home her to a stranger, and Perth is overrun with cats needing homes. I hope she will just curl up and sleep... the good thing is there is no quarantine needed in the UK. I'd love to hear some positive stories of people flying with their pets and everything being fine.

I need to know this too. For our cat..but from Sydney..:-) how much is it?

Last time I got a quote from a pet service, it was $2700! And that was last year... they pick up my cat the night before and take her to their cattery, then do a vet check, then take her in their carriers to the airport. She is going to hate it so much! Are you flying yours back to the UK? I also got a quote at the same time for organising myself though Qantas Freight, which was about $1500, but you have to do all the paperwork etc. You also have to get the rabies vaccination 21 days before flying. We want my cat on the same flight as us. When are you going?

Hi

We flew our cat back to UK it was a return trip for him so he has done it twice now. Go to a pet transportation company as it makes life so much easier and less stressful for you and your puss. Also, the rabies test must be done 5 months before flying, he/she cannot enter the UK before the 5 months is up( it's the same going to Oz as well except there they have to do 30 days quarantine as well). I don't know when you are leaving but get the rabies injection done asap, as the test for antibodies has to be done 21 days after the injection, and that is when your 5 month countdown begins. Our jet setting cat is 12 now and is ping ponging back with us! He travelled fine, pet transportation companies spray the travel boxes with pheromones to help calm the traveller, and they are checked and watered throughout the flight.We were in Adelaide and used a company called Animal Travel in Mile End Adelaide, who were excellent, they also fly pets all over Australia so you could contact them as I would have thought they would be in partnership with another company in Perth that they could recommend. Anyone in Adelaide needing to send their pets anywhere I really would recommend them they were fantastic.

I am flying my cat back in October. he is having his rabies jab tomorrow and that still gives us the 21 day period before he can enter the UK. (not sure about the 5 month time frame from the other poster.....hope that is wrong or i'm in trouble!!)

Prices: $120 rabies jab

Animal travel $2154

Jet Pets $3020

Sky Pets $2200

hope this helps

We flew our 2, 4 year old ragdoll cats from Melbourne to Heathrow in July. We did a lot of research on flying them back and we settled on Jetpets and they really were great (not sure if they operate in Perth as well). The cats have to have their rabies jabs 21 days before travel, although no longer need a follow up blood test.

We actually left Australia a few weeks before the cats and we put them into our preferred cattery that they have been to many times before. Then Jetpets picked them up from the cattery. This meant that we had a few days to settle into the UK before picking them up and time to get over our Jetlag.

The cats were absolutely fine when we picked them up at the airport and have been fine since.

Oh, one other thing -it wasn't cheap though! Cost more to fly them back then it did for us! We saved a bit of money by collecting them at Heathrow ourselves, rather than have them delivered to our home in the midlands.

I am flying my cat back in October. he is having his rabies jab tomorrow and that still gives us the 21 day period before he can enter the UK. (not sure about the 5 month time frame from the other poster.....hope that is wrong or i'm in trouble!!)

Prices: $120 rabies jab

Animal travel $2154

Jet Pets $3020

Sky Pets $2200

hope this helps

Yes it is wrong,,,dont worry

Rabies jab, no blood test needed now, then you can fly 21 days after the jab

Looking to fly our dog back next year from Perth to UK. I've had a bit of a look on the net, but has anyone on here used any pet transporters in Perth to go back to UK that they would recommend? Names of businesses would be appreciated. I have sent emails to a couple, but no replies back which is a bit concerning!

Archived