update on recce (1st week)

paulhug

I have now been here one week doing a recce on the sunshine coast. I have not been disappointed. One thing that has surprised me is how big everywhere is. On google earth towns don't look so big.

I spent my first couple of days (one day too long) in Brisbane sorting out the bank and getting my bearings.

I then drove up to the sunshine coast, stopping off at North Lakes (not to far from Brisbane CBD) to have a look at the new houses up there. The beauty about large new estates is that....you know how in england, you go on a site and it is just one developer, well here, you go on a development and the display homes are all by different developers!!!! you go in, and they mght have 2/3/4 different houses to look at. and you get the details and prices of the ones you are interested in. then move next door to the next developer. You can either buy a plot on the estate or buy elsewhere and the developer will try to build you a house to your budget.

After being amazed at the quality, size and prices of the homes here i drove to my hotel on Alexandra headland. Checked into my room, which again amazed me. For the price of a pokey room in Brisbane, i got a one bedroom self-contained apartment on the top floor (3rd floor) with a large balcony looking right down the coast. Wonderful, literally sitting up in bed and seeing the waves rolling onto the beach.

Then it was off to Currimundi Lakes for a PIO picnic. But that has been mentioned in another post. Great day.

I had a quiet day on Sunday, couple of hours by the pool, got bored and went for a drive.

Drove out through, Buderim, Woombye, Palmwoods, Montville, Flaxton, Mapleton, Nambour, then back down to Maroochydore. I stopped off to look at developments along the way. But to me, although the likes of Montville are not to far from the coast, the do feel quite remote. The views are to die for, absolutely stunning.

There are so many places to see that i don't think it is possible to check everything out in 2 weeks. I have already changed my plans, so i can see more in this area.

This week i visited Peregian Springs (virtually sold out), more developments,

and Real Estate agents in an attempt to find good building plots, in good areas at affordable prices. Not as easy as we initially thought. There are one or two about in this area but they get snapped up quite quickly.

So as it is raining today, i think i will go have lunch with a builder i have met and he can give me the merits of the houses he builds, all timber over the houses i build, brick and block. See if he can persuade me that i want a plot close to his.

Bye for now

Paul

Guest wardy

Hi Paul, sounds like you are going great over there.

I love the sunshine coast, but just not enough work for OH in that direction, which is a shame.

we were looking at settling in Beerwah I loved it in particular there.

Have a great time for the rest of your stay.

best wishes

Archived