Baggage Allowance Singapore Airlines

Kentclan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am not flying business class (I wish). We are flying economy, I think singapore airlines have just increased there allowance to 30kg for economy, and so with double allowance on invalidated PR visa you get 60kg per person.

the email address I used to confirm this was uk_reservations@singaporeair.com.sg

There is nothing on their website about increased luggage allowance. I'd expect them to list it if it had changed.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/travel-information/baggage-allowances/

ETA - They do have an occasional promotion where they offer 30kg as standard for a short time. I would guess you booked within one of those windows.

Edited by Guest

Thanks Snifter, will look at this soon. Have been trying to get some info from IOM but can't seem to get a reply so may have to go it alone,

IOM airfares are generally no cheaper than booking yourself. Its the double luggage allowance that tends to be the key thing. You are then limited to flying on a few airlines and routes. But airfare wise, they were no cheaper and infact for me, Singapore airlines came in cheaper by a bit and I got the double allowance so was fine.

Well, we've booked the flights for 28/11/13 and my OH has emailed Singapore Air to see if we can get extra luggage allowance so we'll wait to see if we're lucky.

We left 3wks ago on a 457 on Emirates & were not allowed extra luggage although both our cases where up to the maximum! We had to jettison a few items I regret leaving behind now at my dad's house before we left for the airport because I knew we were over! I miss my dressing gown & left all my toiletries behind!! My hair dryer blew up the day after we arrived so I was but annoyed I'd taken that & left other stuff behind!!

No Reply from Singapore Airlines after one week re our request for extra luggage allowance. Maybe we'll have to phone reservations to see if there is someone we can email.

That is the address we tried. My OH has now tried another address and have received an automated response from UK feedback saying they have received our email and will respond to it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I am not flying business class (I wish). We are flying economy, I think singapore airlines have just increased there allowance to 30kg for economy, and so with double allowance on invalidated PR visa you get 60kg per person.

the email address I used to confirm this was uk_reservations@singaporeair.com.sg

After 4 emails and 2 phone calls we have been told we have been given double baggage allowance. When my OH asked if that was 40kg per person he was told that economy allowance to Australia has increased to 30kg so we can take 60kg per person.

I'll now have to buy new clothes to fill my cases!

KazG

I booked my flights over the weekend with Singapore £2404 for family of 4 Heathrow to Perth with one stop to Singapore. They must have increased their baggage allowance to Oz as we've been given 30kg each on a 457 visa.

That's not bad, when do you fly? I've been looking at leaving from heathrow as it seems much cheaper than Manchester & Newcastle.

I booked my flights over the weekend with Singapore £2404 for family of 4 Heathrow to Perth with one stop to Singapore. They must have increased their baggage allowance to Oz as we've been given 30kg each on a 457 visa.

Either you're travelling in business class, or the info on their website is wrong.

[TABLE=class: infoTable, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TH]Cabin class[/TH]

[TH]

Allowance

[/TH]

[TH]

PPS Club

[/TH]

[TH]

KrisFlyer Elite Gold

[/TH]

[TH]

Star Alliance Gold

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Suites [/TD]

[TD]

40 kg

[/TD]

[TD]

100% extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] First[/TD]

[TD]

40 kg

[/TD]

[TD]

100% extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Business[/TD]

[TD]

30 kg

[/TD]

[TD]

100% extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Economy[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg

[/TD]

[TD]

100% extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We fly monday 9th December. I've had a quick peek since and prices have started to creep since we booked. It is cheaper than Northern airports, probably because of the distance and is quite a treck for us. But at least I won't have the mother in law inconsolable in the airport! You planning to fly before or after xmas? x

Either you're travelling in business class, or the info on their website is wrong.

[TABLE=class: infoTable, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TH]Cabin class[/TH]

[TH]

Allowance

[/TH]

[TH]

PPS Club

[/TH]

[TH]

KrisFlyer Elite Gold

[/TH]

[TH]

Star Alliance Gold

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Suites [/TD]

[TD]

40 kg

[/TD]

[TD]

100% extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] First[/TD]

[TD]

40 kg

[/TD]

[TD]

100% extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Business[/TD]

[TD]

30 kg

[/TD]

[TD]

100% extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Economy[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg

[/TD]

[TD]

100% extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[TD]

20 kg extra

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

It's printed on my ticket 30kg checked baggage. We are economy too. Maybe they haven't updated their website yet. Or... maybe I've been extremely lucky :wink:

We fly monday 9th December. I've had a quick peek since and prices have started to creep since we booked. It is cheaper than Northern airports, probably because of the distance and is quite a treck for us. But at least I won't have the mother in law inconsolable in the airport! You planning to fly before or after xmas? x

Oh not long then! Yeah I know what you mean, if we left from Newcastle I think we would have both inlaws hanging on to us around our ankles!! Maybe going from heathrow is best!! :-/

Do you live in the north?

I've been looking at flights from dates end of nov all through dec. I'm still waiting for visa so could be jan I suppose. I looked again last night & the flights are approx £640 pp. still not too bad but got to get to heathrow first. Haha.

That's what we thought! Hehe!

Yea we live in Teesside, about an hour south of Newcastle. Yourself? If you're looking at Jan then prices should be fine. Like you say, just keep a watchful eye. We've still not decided how we going to Heathrow yet. I know a train from where we live runs directly there however we have 2 dogs we need to drop at Pet Air so depends on that too I guess.

Good look with your visa and look forward to your update when it's through! Do you have a job already? x

That's what we thought! Hehe!

Yea we live in Teesside, about an hour south of Newcastle. Yourself? If you're looking at Jan then prices should be fine. Like you say, just keep a watchful eye. We've still not decided how we going to Heathrow yet. I know a train from where we live runs directly there however we have 2 dogs we need to drop at Pet Air so depends on that too I guess.

Good look with your visa and look forward to your update when it's through! Do you have a job already? x

Oh we live in County Durham so not far.

I have a job in NSW.

Can't wait, what do you do? Or is it your husbands job your going out on?

You will be there before you know it!!! :-)

Not far at all!

Congrats on the job. I'm guessing you're a practice nurse?!

I'm a nurse and a midwife. I've got a job in Perth to start in Jan. Excited but very nervous! It's coming around very quickly! It's a lot of preparation isn't it?! x

Oh great!

Yep, it's very scary!! I've been so excited the last few months and only now is the nerves kicking in!!

:-/

Have you been before?

We flew with Singapore airlines. We were on an 190 State Sponsored permanent visa. I emailed Customer Services before we got to the airport and they confirmed that we would get double baggage allowance.

When we checked in we got a "jobsworth", even though I had an email from customer services they caused a big fuss....saying because the 190 visa had an expiration date it was a migrant visa...even though we have no intention of going back.

After a long time...and me nearly crying the woman "gave" us the extra baggage allowance of 40kg each, and then charged us £35 per extra kilo! Cost us a little bit as we had got married just before we came over and I had my wedding dress in a case.

Malaysian airlines are good but we found last year when travelling out of Adelaide they weighed the hand luggage and said 5 kilos when website had said 7 had to off load from hand luggage to a the suitcase with a lengthy queue behind us !

we have don't the journey many times and must admit Singapore airlines win hands down for me every time