Hobart here I come!

DrNemo

After a recce trip in July which included a couple of job interviews I have accepted a job offer and will hopefully shortly be making the Apple Isle my home. I am currently doing the slog of AMC/RACGP assessment prior to AHPRA etc and then finally visas. I will be working in Brighton and hopefully finding somewhere in Hobart to live (30 min commute - did some trial runs when over visiting). I have been lurking on PIO for some time but now things seem to be really happening I thought it was about time to say hello! :biggrin:

Mary

Thanks Guys. I will be moving on my own but hoping that diving, singing and learning to sail will help introduce me to some of the locals. I came over in July after getting increasing dissatisfied with the government micromanagement (and persistent negative spin in the press) of the NHS getting in the way of the bits of my job that I enjoy. I know others who have already made the leap and feel the working life is much better. I went for a shufty in NSW (friends there) but somehow everything I read about tassie appealed and I have previously worked for 6/12 in NZ too in the past. I got off the place at Hobart and everything just felt right. Looking forward to meeting you in future.

Mary

Tassie is awesome - not quite as good as the south island of NZ (best place in the world) but not far off... There are alot of mainlanders that would love to live there if not for the lack of work. Very different mindset to the Eastern Suburb types in Melb / Sydney (basically a bunch of t*ats akin to posh parts of London) - all the very best to you and a very good decision there IMO......

• 4 months later...