Finding a job with relocation cost covered

AnnetteV

Hi

I was wondering if anybody have been able to find a job where the company paid for relocation cost? Where they are not a nurse, doctor and so forth. Im a career counsellor, mentor and coach for young adults in Denmark. If anybody know some good job sites please let me know, I know seek....

I got permanent visa

Relocation packages can vary greatly, from nothin at all, to flights or even a full package covering shipping etc. It is usually something that is negotiated between employer and employee at the time contracts are being signed.

Universities here do provide academic staff with pretty good relocation allowances, payable in a lump sum to spend as you wish. However professional staff (those employed as anything outside of an academic contract) generally don't get such an attractive package...

From my knowledge of other friends, in non academic or medical jobs, it comes down to how much you are wanted by the employer, and therefore how much they are willing to give you to get you here...

Most people try to make themselves more attractive as an employee prospect when hunting for work from overseas, e.g. by trying to assure the prospective employer that you are serious about the move, can move quickly and effectively are just as much worth a look in as a local candidate. Wanting relocation paid for, could seriously limit your prospects and make you in attractive compad to a local candidate that requires no such thing.

Five years ago we got a full relocation package - flights, shipping (40ft container!), accommodation for the first month, etc. from a WA Government Enterprise, I seriously doubt anything like that would be available now though. Although Australia has faired better that the UK in the GFC it isn't booming and competition for jobs is getting tougher. You really have to have extremely sought after skills to be able to command a relocation package, in fact to even get a job offer before being in the country you do so i wouldn't hold out too much hope - not saying it's impossible just less likely these days.

Archived