Getting home on rent with three kids

Annoisa

Hi All,

I am living with my cousin family and searching home in Adelaide with three kids 11, 6,5. Please tell me any area in Adelaide where i can get a cheap home with KIDS it looks that Australians dont like kids. I am so worried. have no way out at the moment please any suggestion is welcome.

As a new migrant its getting difficult.

My husband has seen many homes but no result till now in last two weeks.

Any help please....

Annoisa!!!!

Hi All,

I am living with my cousin family and searching home in Adelaide with three kids 11, 6,5. Please tell me any area in Adelaide where i can get a cheap home with KIDS it looks that Australians dont like kids. I am so worried. have no way out at the moment please any suggestion is welcome.

As a new migrant its getting difficult.

My husband has seen many homes but no result till now in last two weeks.

Any help please....

Annoisa!!!!

I agree with Mad Cow, Aussies do love kids.

Two weeks is really not that long to to have been looking for a rental. Do make sure that you can give the agents lots of details, have a rental pack ready to give out to them as soon as you see a house that you like.

Which areas are you looking in and what is your budget? Lots of people with kids move to Adelaide and get rentals with kids - we've got two and got the first house we looked at. You need to consider where you are or will be working as there is no point in moving to Seaford Rise if you are going to be working in Gawler for example.

Have you looked at realestate.com? You can select rentals and put in a maximum price and it will show all rentals in Adelaide for that budget. Or if you know what areas you want you can put those in. I assume you are looking for unfurnished as furnished rentals are usually holiday lets, aimed at students or geared towards professionals needing somewhere to stay during the week.

Cheaper areas to rent in are usually further away from the city, although there are pockets closer to the city and more expensive places further away. Without a bit more detail about the rough area you want to be and the amount you are looking at paying it's a bit hard to list places to look at because there are loads of possible places.

Hi Sammy,

How much time it takes to get a house on rent? Secondly they ask for pay slips too and his job will start on 3rd September.

Wishes,

Annoisa

I agree with Mad Cow, Aussies do love kids.

Two weeks is really not that long to to have been looking for a rental. Do make sure that you can give the agents lots of details, have a rental pack ready to give out to them as soon as you see a house that you like.

Hi NIcF,

Thax for your detailed answer. no specific area we are looking anywhere we get home because priority is home at the moment. And as we both will start jobs in a while so looking from 200-260 rental homes. He is searching realstate and gumtree both.

What u suggest in this situation?

Annoisa

Which areas are you looking in and what is your budget? Lots of people with kids move to Adelaide and get rentals with kids - we've got two and got the first house we looked at. You need to consider where you are or will be working as there is no point in moving to Seaford Rise if you are going to be working in Gawler for example.

Have you looked at realestate.com? You can select rentals and put in a maximum price and it will show all rentals in Adelaide for that budget. Or if you know what areas you want you can put those in. I assume you are looking for unfurnished as furnished rentals are usually holiday lets, aimed at students or geared towards professionals needing somewhere to stay during the week.

Cheaper areas to rent in are usually further away from the city, although there are pockets closer to the city and more expensive places further away. Without a bit more detail about the rough area you want to be and the amount you are looking at paying it's a bit hard to list places to look at because there are loads of possible places.

You are looking at the cheaper end of rentals, so there is more competition. You have to make yourself look more attractive than all the other applicants. Can you get letters to say when you are starting your jobs? Do you have references? If your children are well behaved, are you taking them to the opens so the agents can see how lovely they are?

Hi NIcF,

Thax for your detailed answer. no specific area we are looking anywhere we get home because priority is home at the moment. And as we both will start jobs in a while so looking from 200-260 rental homes. He is searching realstate and gumtree both.

What u suggest in this situation?

Annoisa

To be honest I think you will really struggle to find something big enough for all of you in that budget. You could probably get something in the Salisbury or Elizabeth areas but, as I'm sure Blossom would agree, these aren't the greatest areas and the rentals are cheaper for a reason. You could try looking much further south - somewhere like Aldinga or Moana, but if you will be working in the city or further north then these might be a bit far out for you. And I'm not sure how many properties would fall in to your price bracket so you would still be struggling. If you could find a bit more in the budget your choices open up greatly. Even if you could stretch to $320 a week you would find it much easier to find something.

If you have jobs lined up then it shouldn't be a problem securing a rental. Like Ali suggested get a letter from your employer to say you will be starting work and is will show you will be able to pay the rent.

Archived