Completly off subject but is this true ???

Stuju

Hi All

Just browsing through the Sydney Morning Herald and came across the following

Toddler beheaded in supermarket

A man reportedly held a knife to the throat of his 15-month-old nephew and decapitated him in front of his mother in a Saudi Arabian supermarket.

The 25-year-old Syrian man beheaded the toddler apparently after having a dispute with the toddler's parents, his sister and brother-in-law, Arab News reported.

Another newspaper, the Saudi Gazette, reported that the toddler was 18 months old.

The killing happened in front of shoppers and staff in the fruit and vegetable section of the Al-Marhaba supermarket yesterday morning.

A police officer told Arab News: "The murderer was in a dispute with the boy's mother and her husband. He chopped off the boy's head in front of the mother to get back at her."

Another witness, Abu Muhammad, who is in his mid-60s, told the paper: "It happened so quickly. Before people could intervene, the man had cut more than half way through the child's neck."

Another local expressed his disbelief that anyone could carry out such an act.

"No one could bear the gruesome sight of the boy's decapitated body lying on the floor," Muneer, a car mechanic, told Arab News.

"How could someone do such a thing?

"I just can't understand it ... I still can't believe it."

One shopper, Ahmed Abdul-Rahman, told the Saudi Gazette: "I was shopping when I heard a scream and saw people running toward the shop's pastry corner.

"When I arrived there, I couldn't believe what I saw.

"A headless body of a child lay on the floor and the head was lying nearby soaked in blood."

The man was arrested at the supermarket, reports AFP. Murder is punishable by death in the Islamic country, and the sentence is usually carried out by beheading.

Toddler beheaded in supermarket - World - smh.com.au

jesus christ im gobsmacked i really can't understand why

Guest jonny.co@tiscali.co.uk

OMG Gizmo.

I cannot believe that,what a monster.that is the most horrific evil act that i have ever read.my god that made my blood run cold.What is the world coming to.:sad:

nic x

Guest afiyafifi

OMG!!! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO THAT IS ONE OF THE WORST THINGS THAT I HAVE HEARD . MY DAUGHTER IS TWO , JUST CAN NOT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD , I CRYED WHEN I READ THE ARTICLE . NOW I JUST WANT TO KILL THE B_____D ...KAREN

Guest Rbecca

This would be in the same country that they can legally beat a woman for showing her ankles or stone her to death for talking to a non-related male then? Violence begets violence it seems and especially men towards women and children.

This would be in the same country that they can legally beat a woman for showing her ankles or stone her to death for talking to a non-related male then? Violence begets violence it seems and especially men towards women and children.

I violence begets violence so please explain using the same logic why in the last few weeks in the uk we have had the following:

Ipswich murder

the bus stop murder

the Chef who raped and killed a young girl

The nurse who killed 4 people in his care

and the care home scandel in jersey

Guest Sunsh1ne

From the Saudi Gazette newspaper so to answer your question it must be true. Sad sad world we live in.

Man Who Beheaded Child ‘Loved him Dearly’ pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png Tuesday, 04 March 2008 By Ibrahim Alawi JEDDAH - The man who beheaded his 18-month-old nephew at a mall here Sunday, was a doting uncle who dearly loved the child, his neighbors said.

The neighbors were aghast by what had happened but they remember the killer, Tameem Akram Hamadah, a 29-year-old Syrian, as a quiet and religious person, always praying on time.

They said the only times they ever saw the baby was with his uncle, mostly in his arms. They said Tameem or the others in his house rarely interacted with them in the past 10 years they were there. Tameem was living with his father and sister - mother of the child, Ahmed - who had got estranged from her husband just three months after their marriage.

Piecing together from accounts of the neighbors and the child's father and camera-evidence from the mall, it appears that Tameem killed Ahmed because he had bonded with the baby and could not bear to part with him.

A parting had appeared inevitable on Saturday, a day before the ghastly murder in front of horrified shoppers at Marhaba supermarket on Sary Street, when a judge at a court here ordered the father-in-law to return his daughter with her baby to her husband's house.

The husband, Maladh Muhammad Nasser Al-Masri, a Syrian, who was also at the court, said they were married a little over two years ago and had lived together for barely three months when problems arose and the father-in-law took his wife away.

"They didn't even tell me when the baby was born or which hospital he was born in," Al-Masri said.

"My son was born during the Danish cartoon crisis and I named him Ahmed, one of the names of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)."

On Saturday in court, "he (the father-in-law) insisted that he wanted to see my house before accepting the judge's order," Al-Masri said.

"And as we were leaving the courtroom, he asked me to go to his house to collect my wife's passport so that I may register the baby and get his birth certificate."

The baby had not got his vaccination shots because he had no birth certificate.

As it turned out ironically barely 24 hours later, the baby ended up with a death certificate.

On Sunday at 9.00 A.M. before the morning rush hour, Tameem, a heavily bearded man wearing a short white thobe and a cap, arrived at Marhaba supermarket with little Ahmed, , according to witnesses and evidence from monitoring cameras in the mall.

He was carrying the child on his shoulders.

"He was acting normally," one witness said on condition of anonymity.

Tameem, with the child still on his shoulders, wandered to the Home Appliances aisle where he picked up a knife.

Still with the child on his shoulders, Tameem then went to Nuts and Spices section, which was empty at that hour.

Then it happened.

The man placed Ahmed on the ground, used a foot to force him down, and in a flash decapitated the child.

A female security employee saw the whole thing and triggered an alarm even other shoppers who heard about the crime reeled in shock.

The supermarket's management rushed to the scene and there the killer sat, quietly next to the headless body, asking that the police be called.

Tameem kept his cool composure when police arrived. As they closed in to take him away, he asked to be given a few more minutes until the head of the child "stops staring at me."

At the police station, Tammem said he had only wished to spare his nephew the agony of the marital problems between Ahmed's parents.

Ahmed's father, Al-Masri was at work when it happened.

"People in national dress came to me and asked me to go with them to the police station," he said. "They did not tell me that my son was killed."

At the police station, " a few hours later, they told me that Tammem has killed my son."

The father collapsed on hearing about it and fell on the ground.

"They told me that the killer wanted me to see the crime scene."

Al-Masri said his in-laws are from a religious family. "I asked many religious people and imams to intervene and get my wife back to me," he said about his long months of struggle to get his wife back. The mother lived in her family's house for seven months during the break-up and then left with her parents to an unknown destination after the crime.

He remembered how only a day earlier he had gone to his father-in-law's house as agreed.

"He (the father-in-law) came downstairs but refused to give me the passport, and when I asked to see my son, he refused that too."

That sparked a loud exchange between the two, which brought the neighbors over to intervene. "They asked my father-in-law to let me see my son.

"And when I saw my son, Tameem, the killer, was holding him."

Al-Masri said he saw his son for only a second "and then Tameem slammed the door on my face."

"I never touched my son."

Guest paulwbafc

Nothing surprises me about the middle east. All in the name of islam no doubt.

There is good and bad all over the world.

But in the middle east they are stuck in the dark ages with there beliefs and traditions.

It is those beliefs that they want in the UK. Sharia law, be-headings, executions, wife bashing. Suicide bomber training, all women wearing Haribs.

If ever these people got the bomb or nuclear power then god help us all.

But in the middle east they are stuck in the dark ages with there beliefs and traditions.

It is those beliefs that they want in the UK. Sharia law, be-headings, executions, wife bashing. Suicide bomber training, all women wearing Haribs.

I do worry about these veiws that held?

a-how many muslims have u met

b-how many muslims have you heard ask for sharia law in the uk

c-do you not object to the uk and all western countries have close ties with these barbaric countries in the middle east?

if all that is mentioned above was 100% correct and with a billion muslims in the world there would not be one day of peace.

Guest claire&fred

What an awful thing to do. I can't even think what to put now I have replied. Just when you think nothing can shock you, then it does.

Claire

Guest fatpom

Hmmm. One madman or madwoman anywhere could do that sort of thing.

However it does seem to me objectionable that countries (ie supposedly sane entities) still execute people particularly minors in whatever fashion or method they choose. The middle east has a good few of these countries... but who leads the way in the execution of minors?... the USA does!!!!

Before you turn your nose up at your neighbours... have a sniff around your own backyard first. You might find it too is a little on the nose. :biglaugh:

To me its very very simple. Fundamental Christians are just as dangerous and crazy as Fundanmental Muslims, Hindu's, Jews and every other religion.

Come to think of it I can't ever recall meeting a scary Buddhist though? :smile:

Hmmm. One madman or madwoman anywhere could do that sort of thing.

However it does seem to me objectionable that countries (ie supposedly sane entities) still execute people particularly minors in whatever fashion or method they choose. The middle east has a good few of these countries... but who leads the way in the execution of minors?... the USA does!!!!

Before you turn your nose up at your neighbours... have a sniff around your own backyard first. You might find it too is a little on the nose. :biglaugh:

To me its very very simple. Fundamental Christians are just as dangerous and crazy as Fundanmental Muslims, Hindu's, Jews and every other religion.

Come to think of it I can't ever recall meeting a scary Buddhist though? :smile:

Sanity prevails!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Everyone

I was born and brought up in Malaysia. Malaysia is and always has been a truly multiculrural society in the best natural sense of the term, not in the sense of the idiotic "politically correct" abuse of the term by the prat behind the desk in the Civil Service in the UK who has him/herself never been any further than "Bloody Bognor" (to quote King George III who went on to say, "Bugger Bognor.")

West Malaysia is the living proof that people from all cultures and belief-systems CAN live together in harmony provided that nobody involved tries any sort of quasi-religious

one-upmanship on the others.

The minute that any one person leaps in trying to defend one particular belief system against all the others, trouble is bound to ensue because the others will NOT take kindly to being told, "You are wrong and I am right."

NOT ONE SINGLE belief system on the planet ever has or ever will condone killing an innocent child, no matter what the quarrel between the adults might be about. The survival of the species depends on the survival of the children. It is not rocket-science.

I think we shouldn't bicker about the favoured remedies in places where we do not live.

All the best

Gill

Guest fatpom

You're right Gill,

The thing that has bewildered me since 2001 is that a whole religion and region (the middle east) have been stigmatised over a few acts of terrorism by an infinately small number of people who call themselves muslims... most muslims (millions) would never agree with that assertion.:skeptical:

No sane person has ever seriously held the vatican responsible for the acts of terrorism perpetrated by the IRA or the Church of England responsible for the UDA for that matter.:wacko:

People are very suggestive, even today a large minority of americans still believe Saddam was involved in the bombing of the twin towers... that's a piece of enduring propaganda Goebols would be very impressed with. At the time that particular propaganda was propagated, most americans (the majority) believed it to true... and it worked very nicely too as it provided (along with the other lies) the necessary support to invade Iraq.

But also in the wider english speaking community there is (still) a strongly held perception that somehow the majority of muslims and people generally from the middle east are out to attack our way of life, take over, submit us to sharia law, push us back to the middle ages, make our women wear the burkha etc etc. Its a silly notion and doesn't stand up to the facts at all.

The western world lost its marbles for a short while after 2001 and did some very silly things which has resulted in the deaths of a hell of a lot of people who should be living today. Its time to return to normality. There's no war against terrorism... its a phoney war. There were criminal acts by a criminal few and it should be treated as such.:policeman:

Guest wardy

Not all middles eastern countries have extremist practices and not all are stuck in the dark ages.

My family have lived in Bahrain for many years a very westernised society and very forward thinking in their ideas not to mention a beautiful country with fantastic people of all cultures living peacefully together.

I have spent many a good night clubbing and drinking in the bars, safely, without the threat of violence. :jiggy:Bahrain embraces other cultures you only have to spend christmas in this Islamic country to see they celebrate and encourage many western traditions as they accept other cultures freeely into their society.

If the UK was more like Bahrain this country would be in a better state.

Guest BullcreekBob

Rbecca - Violence is everywhere, but fortunately, so to is kindness.

I was born in the UK to parents in the RAF, I left the UK as a child but have had two return trips as an adult, I've been lucky enought to have travelled, worked and lived in many parts of the world; areas in Europe, Asia and Australasia under various political and religeous form of government.

There is only one place in the world I've been threatened on the streets and pushed around while I was going about minding my own business. That place was Rochdale - your place of residence. There is only one place in the world I've been kidnapped by a taxi driver and then robbed of my computers, that was in Farnborough, Hampshire. I have lost count of the number of times drunken ill-behaved blokes would pull on my braces and *twang* them, just for the fun of it; all these occurence took place in various parts of the UK. Okay, I'm now 51 and in total I've spent about 7 years of my life in the UK, but every act of violence ever undertaken against me, took place in the UK.

Nowhere in France, Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Turkey, Iran, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iran, Afghanistan, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand. Papua New Guinea or Australia have I been physically assaulted, threatened or mistreated in any way.

I agree, violence does seem to beget violence. The UK seems to be a violent aggresive culture in ways that I have never observed elsewhere. What's worse is that physical violence is so common, many people don't bother reporting it to the police. Certainly when I tried reporting my Rochdale assault or Hampshire theft to the police, they were completely uninterested and told me not waste their time.

According to the British Crime Survey, Crime Statistics for England and Wales - British Crime Survey: Violent crime in 2005/06 the total number of violent offences in England and Wales was 2,420,000 - yes almost two and a half million assaults. That was actually considered to be a good year representing a 43% drop in violent crimes from the peak of over FOUR MILLION assaults in 1993

I am not denying violence doesn't happen elsewhere, but sometimes a little perspective can halp. So Rbecca, I suggest you should spend more time being concened about things that are part of your world rather than being concerned about places you've probably never been to and won't go to.

Australia is becoming more violent and I think that some of that is related to some of the UK migrants coming here. It was in the news recently that the head-butting of a policeman in Joondalup was by a recently arrived migrant, as are many examples of aggressive street violence and behaviour. However, here in Perth, violence is so unusual and rare, it makes headlines in the papers and on the news and the police will investigate it.

So yes, rather than worrying about newspaper articles about faraway places, let's look to our own backyards.

Guest wardy
Rbecca - Violence is everywhere, but fortunately, so to is kindness.

I was born in the UK to parents in the RAF, I left the UK as a child but have had two return trips as an adult, I've been lucky enought to have travelled, worked and lived in many parts of the world; areas in Europe, Asia and Australasia under various political and religeous form of government.

There is only one place in the world I've been threatened on the streets and pushed around while I was going about minding my own business. That place was Rochdale - your place of residence. There is only one place in the world I've been kidnapped by a taxi driver and then robbed of my computers, that was in Farnborough, Hampshire. I have lost count of the number of times drunken ill-behaved blokes would pull on my braces and *twang* them, just for the fun of it; all these occurence took place in various parts of the UK. Okay, I'm now 51 and in total I've spent about 7 years of my life in the UK, but every act of violence ever undertaken against me, took place in the UK.

Nowhere in France, Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Turkey, Iran, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iran, Afghanistan, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand. Papua New Guinea or Australia have I been physically assaulted, threatened or mistreated in any way.

I agree, violence does seem to beget violence. The UK seems to be a violent aggresive culture in ways that I have never observed elsewhere. What's worse is that physical violence is so common, many people don't bother reporting it to the police. Certainly when I tried reporting my Rochdale assault or Hampshire theft to the police, they were completely uninterested and told me not waste their time.

According to the British Crime Survey, Crime Statistics for England and Wales - British Crime Survey: Violent crime in 2005/06 the total number of violent offences in England and Wales was 2,420,000 - yes almost two and a half million assaults. That was actually considered to be a good year representing a 43% drop in violent crimes from the peak of over FOUR MILLION assaults in 1993

I am not denying violence doesn't happen elsewhere, but sometimes a little perspective can halp. So Rbecca, I suggest you should spend more time being concened about things that are part of your world rather than being concerned about places you've probably never been to and won't go to.

Australia is becoming more violent and I think that some of that is related to some of the UK migrants coming here. It was in the news recently that the head-butting of a policeman in Joondalup was by a recently arrived migrant, as are many examples of aggressive street violence and behaviour. However, here in Perth, violence is so unusual and rare, it makes headlines in the papers and on the news and the police will investigate it.

So yes, rather than worrying about newspaper articles about faraway places, let's look to our own backyards.

Great post.

Do you know if migrants have been arrested and convicted of crime do they have their visas taken away, that would be one way to deal with the problem of violence, especially if they do not have citizenship.

Guest fatpom
Great post.

Do you know if migrants have been arrested and convicted of crime do they have their visas taken away, that would be one way to deal with the problem of violence, especially if they do not have citizenship.

If you get convicted of a serious crime and or show a long history of criminal behaviour you will get deported as a permanent resident (with your residency cancelled I presume?). Its happened to some individuals already even though they may have arrived as infants and in some case unable to speak their native language.

If you have dual citizenship then there are legal difficulties with deporting you... I think the last gov were talking about sorting that? I expect the present gov will be equally eager to deport dual citizens if it can be done.

So if you turn into a dodgy bugger renounce your british citizenship or face possible future deportation. :biglaugh:

X Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

I was sent this again recently, I agree when in Rome.......In Oz I think EVERYBODY should respect the culture and lifestyle we have tried so hard to move over to and be a part of.....in the UK I think things are getting way out of hand, because the goverment are so pathetic!

Guest Edinburger

What a poisonous little turd that man was. Oldest political trick in the book - take some fairly reasonable ideas and use them as shield for biggotry, intolerence and some extremism of your own.

Archived