how long did you last in oz before moving back

bwatt99

Been here almost 40 years. Cant go back due to complicated family issues here in Aus BUT would go back tomorrow if that were not the case. As Thistle said it has changed dramatically and not for the better. Miss being able to drive just a couple of miles to a different village, everything is so far apart here 2000km to visit family. Things are so expencive and not half the quality of product bought in the UK. History seems to be of little or no value, with wonderful old building being demolished and re placed with ugly glass boxes.

Completely agree and think I am in a similar decision. 15 years in Perth and bored out of my brain. Am back in UK on holiday and loving it, also trying to work out why we ever left??

for you guys who made the big move to australia and ended up going back for what reason did you go back to uk and had you any regrets in doing so.I have just been here since start of june and already thinking about it im easy going pretty much could settle anywhere but after trying the job market here im wondering was my move the right one.would rather be skint back in uk with family than be skint here no family,hopefully i dont need to return and money does nit dry up but i dont want it to end up that way.always done ok for myself in the uk and never been out of work much.just thought i ask you how long did you last here in oz,to be honest did not think i be writing this or so soon,but having kknd of forced my wife to come and having our 1 yr old i dont worry if i made a wrong move

About 20 yrs...just got back to UK so its all a bit of a blur...although it feels great to be back...so green and lush and the old pubs are great...walked around the countryside with my parents dog and loved it...don`t get me wrong OZ is still a great country...just not for me at the mo...I`ll miss the amazing nature and climate for sure and also my friends...Uk seems allot more confident lately too...all the best to one and all..cheers

also I got a ticket for j walking 2 days before leaving...$67...no traffic just walked on a red light on a small road in china town Sydney...crazy

Edited by cheswick