Renewal of Passport..........

Agibb83

Hi Me and my family recieved our grant notice for Australia and fly out on the 26th August, however i have just renewed my passport (which arrived this morning) do i just contact immigration and give them my new passport number so they can transfer my visa details on to the new number? any info would be great, thanks in advance

Hi lebourvellec, that may be the best option as they did send my old one back , the thing is id does not run out untill july next year but i plan travelling back for a wedding here in the uk in may, which at that point has not got 6 months left (as travelling through dubai) i take it by travelling with the two wont cause any problems? and by completing a 929 does this take a while to fully process? thanks again.

My DIAC CO has confirmed my agent this morning, that he has updated the system with my new passport number. But when i checked this in the vevo system i still can see my previous pp number along with my visa grant notification number.

please could any one of you tell me

1. Does it take sometime to indicate the new pp number in the vevo system?

2. Am i not getting a new visa grant notification?

Thanks

We had to update our sons passport as we were told that the baby photo was not acceptable for a 3 year old as he could not be identified (this from a friend in UK Immigration). We filled in Form 929 and our agent sent it through. It took a couple of weeks to come through. As others have said, travel with both passports and show them both. We did this with my son and it was fine.

This was last November and we travelled in January.

My passport with PR label ,evidenced in Perth DIAC , was exhausted with visas and stamps, So I got a new passport and filled in Form 929 which is just 2 pages to fill in and attached with old and new passport copies . Just send to Aussie immigration for updating of details...It is recommended to update details with DIAC ..The receipt that you have submitted the new details should suffice...that you have done the needful...Travelling should and will not be affected at any point ...if you are carrying both old and new passports with you along with the Visa Grant Notice ...CheersMS

Archived