Are grey skies good?

Nikey

I am trying to make myself feel better about not seeing those lovely vivid colours down under by thinking of the positives of grey skies.  Any additions appreciated.  Here are mine...<br>You can be out all day and not worry about getting burnt (eerrm, I seem to only have one!)

You can't beat a beautiful blue sky, especially when there isn't a cloud in sight.

I also find gazing at the stars at night so relaxing, i used to 'star gaze' in Abersoch, Wales, as it always seemed better there than where i lived in the UK,lol. The stars here are fantastic though, there can be sooo many of them and they are so clear to see.

Cal x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The problem with the grey skies in the UK of which we get a lot. Is that it is usually coupled with the temperature not being so high and everyone I know gets fed up with this type of weather and as soon as the sun appears, which apart from this year is rare, nearly everyone seems happier and there seems to be a feel good factor around all of a sudden.

You can't beat a beautiful blue sky, especially when there isn't a cloud in sight.

I also find gazing at the stars at night so relaxing, i used to 'star gaze' in Abersoch, Wales, as it always seemed better there than where i lived in the UK,lol. The stars here are fantastic though, there can be sooo many of them and they are so clear to see.

Cal x

That didn't make me feel any better about the grey sky here - lol. :-)

That didn't make me feel any better about the grey sky here - lol. :-)

I thought it was lovely over there at the moment, at least up until this last few days?lol.. Don't worry our blue skies are going no where ,they will wait for you,i promise,lol

Cal x

I liked grey skies when young felt more homely, than the fairly constant blue skies of OZ. After some years of course tired of the greyness and longed for blue ones again. Now would prefer blue skies and crisp weather more akin to Europe.

Do like a tropical sky at night though.....

Talking of tropical skies - we have had some really good thunder storms lately

The only time I want to see a grey sky is on a stinking hot summers day when cloud cover brings relief..the rest of the time its blue all the way. Everything feels better and looks brighter in sunshine. It's the big difference for me between the UK and Perth. Works for me.

The only time I want to see a grey sky is on a stinking hot summers day when cloud cover brings relief..the rest of the time its blue all the way. Everything feels better and looks brighter in sunshine. It's the big difference for me between the UK and Perth. Works for me.

Yup - agree. It is a really big thing which seems silly but it is. A friend from oz came over in May and said everything looks so grey....I know what he means.

Archived